Ailing Arizona School District Hit Hard by Sect's Property Tax Protests
- Local Property Tax Role. // Education Digest;Dec1971, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p59
This article reports that the National Educational Finance Project, a federally-funded four- year study of public school financing headed by Roe L. Johns, has found that the inequality of funds raised and spent in school districts in nearly every state results in "unequal" educational...
- RDA damage to school districts: $48. million in FY 2005. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/14/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p22
Focuses on the impact of redeveloping agencies (RDA) on school districts in Utah. Details of tax increment financing; Percentage of the statewide RDA diversion share that comes from school districts; Factors that caused the disparity between the statewide RDA diversion share and state wide...
- Rural vs. Urban Districts: Financial Considerations. Engel, Michael; Groos, Robert // School Business Affairs;Sep2014, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the different financial factors that rural and urban school district leaders in the U.S. are suggested to consider before deciding how to prioritize their budget. Topics covered include the heavy reliance of school districts on local property taxes, a comparison between...
- Spring Branch Blowout. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the election schedule for the disposal of property tax revenue by the Spring Independent School District in Texas.
- Nebraska reforms fuel district consolidations. Keller, Bess // Education Week;09/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p16
Looks at mergers within Nebraska's school districts, highlighting the completion of 40 mergers and a number of property tax reforms. Observation that Nebraska has the highest number of school districts; Statistics on property tax rates; Details on changes in school finance legislation. INSET:...
- Weathering School Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p31
Reports on the reliance of school districts on property taxes for their funding in Missouri. State budget cuts and aid withholdings of the government; Amount of aid to public schools that was withheld; Ratings of school districts.
- NLR OKs Hike for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33666, p7
The article reports on the property tax increase approved by the voters in the North Little Rock (NLR) School District, to support more than 200 million dollars of 31-year general obligation bonds in Arkansas.
- Group may sue New York over lack of school funding. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;11/29/2012, p3
The article reports on the exacerbated financing gap between rich and poor school districts in New York due to aid cuts and a cap on property tax increases as stressed by the Campaign for Fiscal Equity.
- One-third of texas school districts face property tax increases, report states. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p7
Reports that one third of Texas' districts is planning to raise property tax rates starting October 1, 1999. Results of a survey conducted by the Texas Education Agency; Allocation of funding to Texas school districts.