Bush's Plans to Cut CDBG, HOPE VI Draw Bipartisan Attacks
- Renewing the Dream: HUD Budget Aims to Help Out Low-Income Families. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p7
Reports on President George W. Bush's fiscal 2002 United States Department of Housing and Urban Development budget. Creation of 34,000 new Section 8 rental-assistance vouchers; Creation of the American Dream Downpayment Fund.
- Bush Wants 29% Hike for HUD Counseling. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/22/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 14, p5
Reports that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has announced that U.S. President George W. Bush will increase funding for its housing counseling program.
- 'Historic Opportunity' to Save State Oversight of Originators. Sichelman, Lew // National Mortgage News;8/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p2
The article offers information on the Title V of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act, signed by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 30, 2008. The new law calls for the founding of a national system to register and license all mortgage originators. The law gives the Department of Housing and...
- Restore the HUD Cuts. // National Mortgage News;2/14/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p4
Comments on the proposal of the administration of United States president George W. Bush's to cut 2006 Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funding by more than 20 percent. Plan to consolidate or move to the Labor or Commerce Departments many HUD community development programs;...
- Point: Homelessness is a National Problem. Rich, Alex K.; Wagner, Geraldine // Points of View: Homelessness;3/1/2016, p2
The article discusses the need for the homelessness policies of the U.S. government to address the causes of the problem and serve the needs of homeless people in the country. The 2007 budget proposed by President George W. Bush would reduce Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)...
- Congressmen Criticize Plan to Kill HUD's HOPE VI Program. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p5
Reports on the criticizing of U.S. President George W. Bush's multi-billion dollar Department of Housing and Urban Development budget for the fiscal year 2003-2004 by Congressmen. Reasons for the criticism; Comments of several Congressmen regarding these proposals.
- Sources Leak Possible Choices for HUD Head Under a Bush Regime. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p4
Reports on the possible nominees for the post of United States Housing and Urban Development Secretary in a George W. Bush administration. Representative Rick Lazio; Former Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Stephen Goldsmith; Real estate developer Ron Terwilliger.
- Aguirre Next HUD Secretary? // National Mortgage News;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p14
The article reports on the move of President George W. Bush in nominating a new housing secretary in the U.S. According to the author, sources shows that Eduardo Aguirre Jr., the U.S. ambassador to Spain, is likely to get the position. It stresses that the White House has been looking for a...
- Senate Housing Panel Knocks Bush's Reduced Fiscal '08 HUD Budget. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p4
The article reports on the criticism of senators from both parties on President George W. Bush's proposed $35.2 billion fiscal 2008 budget for the Department of Housing and Urban Development in the U.S. According to Senator Patty Murray, chairwoman of the Senate Appropriations Committee's panel...