Erie County Oversight Still Running Smoothly, Official Says
- State Comptroller's Audit Critical Of N.Y. Insurance Dept. Performance. // Insurance Advocate;1/21/2013, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p33
The article focuses on the audit report of State Comptroller Edward V. Regan on the casualty insurers and regulation of property of the New York State Insurance Department, wherein the department needs improvement in the procedures for monitoring rate changes and insurer financial solvency.
- Pension Trustees Control Corporate Purse Strings. Johnson, Tom // Risk Management (00355593);Jan90, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p44
Over 2.6 trillion dollars is currently floating around in America's pension systems, according to Edward Regan, New York state comptroller. At the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) annual conference in Orlando, Florida, Regan told attendees, mostly union pension fund...
- Campbell taking time to 'give back'. Dawson, Brad // Tire Business;3/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p1
No abstract available.
- Program for the Development of Fiscal Federalism in the Russian Federation in the Period up to 2005. Berg, O. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the program for the development of fiscal federalism in Russia. Flaws of the program; Objectives of the program; Changes in the distribution of expenditure authority among the levels of the fiscal system.
- Political risk - Fiscal Concerns Mounting. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
This article reports on the need for fiscal consolidation in Brazil in 2011.
- New budget maintains competitive position. Wilson, Roger // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p16
Outlines measures integrated into the Singaporean budget for 1996 made to maintain the country's attractiveness for foreign investment. Includes tax on income derived from high value added activities; Launching of the Regionalization Finance Scheme; Unveiling of an Innovation Development Scheme.
- Tax. // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p30
Outlines the Coalition government of Australia's tax policy. Provision of rolloff relief on the sale of an asset or business; Extension of relief available when a house is inherited; Provision of relief when a business is sold to provide for retirement.
- Using multiyear baselines for fiscal policy analysis. Clifton, James A. // Business Economics;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the use of multiyear baselines for fiscal policy analysis. Criticisms against and arguments for baseline budgeting; Significance of baseline budgeting on the end of the Cold War and the health care crisis in the United States; Continuity, controllability and predictability.
- Government of Canada fiscal position: National accounts basis. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring96, pS71
Presents a chart depicting the fiscal position of Canada. Annual rates; Capital consumption allowance; Expenditures; Interest of public debt; Subsidiaries.