Virgin Islands Mulls $103M Private-Activity Deal for Refinery
- U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS. // Caribbean Update;Mar2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p21
The article reports on the closure of the Hovensa oil refinery in St Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands in February 2012 due to a drop in fuel demand and rise in international competition.
- Largest oil refinery secures $600 million. // National Petroleum News;Apr2000, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the funding received by the proposed Hovensa LLC petroleum refinery in the Virgin Islands of the United States. Total amount in financial backing secured by the speculated construction project; Tentative date of commencement and completion of the proposed project.
- Little Change in Munis; Big Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/9/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the municipal market data in the U.S. Jefferies & Co. determines the price of revenue bonds worth 400.9 million dollar for the Virgin Islands Public Finance Authority. The 250 million dollar of tax anticipation notes were competitively sold to Piper Jaffray & Co. by...
- Virgin Islands Sues Buchanan, Bank of America Over 2006 Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/242014, Vol. 1 Issue F341, p33
The article reports the move by the U.S. Virgin Islands government and the Virgin Islands Public Finance Authority (PFA) in late October 2014 to file a case against Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC and financial advisor Bank of America and others over their claim that 219.49 million dollars of...
- Hovensa Pumps a Refined Offering Into Market. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;11/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the Rule 144A debt deal of Hovensa LLC to upgrade its petroleum refinery in St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands. Agent of the transaction; Structure of the deal; Information on Hovensa.
- Major oil refinery to close in US Virgin Islands. // Hot Calaloo;Mar2012, p6
The article announces that Hovensa, a major oil refinery based in the U.S. Virgin Islands is going to close in April 2012, affecting the livelihood of 2,000 workers.
- V.I. Sells $476M of Rum-Tax Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/1/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33193, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Virgin Islands Public Finance Authority to sell its 476 million dollar rum-tax bonds. According to the author, the tax-exempt bonds includes Series 2009A-1 senior bonds for 98 million dollars and taxable Series 2009A-2 for 6 million dollars. Moreover,...
- Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/12/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p23
Presents news briefs pertaining to Saudi Arabia. Issuing of special bonds by the government of Saudi Arabia to contractors; When the special bonds were issued to contractors; Identification of companies that are interested in a project to upgrade the Rabigh oil refinery by the Saudi Aramco...
- PetroChina Raises RMB100 BLN for Key Projects. // China Chemical Reporter;5/26/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p11
The article reports on the plan of PetroChina Co. Ltd. to raise Renminbi (RMB)100 billion in 2009 via debt financing in China. PetroChina President Zhou Jiping said that the fund will be raised by bond issuance for use on key projects with strategic importance, including oil explorations and...