West Virginia Gov. Manchin Looks To Surplus to Help Teachers' Pensions
- State should tap surplus to boost teacher pension. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/10/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p18
The article offers suggestions for the state to tap its budget surplus by making a sizable contribution to the Indiana Pension Stabilization Fund to boost teacher pensions.
- Joe Manchin III. Fournier, Eddie // Our States: West Virginia;2016, p1
This article presents a biography on West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin III who was elected in the 2004 elections. Background information on Manchin's family, childhood, education and career in business is provided. Also mentioned are the goals that Manchin has for the state regarding...
- West Virginia Could Create New DB Plan. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Weekly;11/20/2009, p3
The article reports on the possibility of the formation of a new retirement system in West Virginia in 2009. The proposed Senate 4007 or the Huntington Plan would reportedly create the West Virginia Police Officers and Firefighters Retirement System (OFRS) as well as help cities in the state...
- Budget Questions Await West Virginia's New Governor. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p26
The article reports that the West Virginia Legislature has been adjourned for a month to allow Governor-elect Joe Manchin to create a budget, and January 2005 will likely be a time of fresh fiscal concerns for the state. Outgoing Governor Bob Wise will present an initial budget as a likely...
- POB Vote Coming. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32087, p31
Reports on the Pension Bond Amendment signed by West Virginia Joe Manchin authorizing a special election on June 25, 2005 in which residents of the state will vote on a general obligation bond sale.
- Governor Focuses on WC Reforms. // Insurance Advocate;11/21/2005, Vol. 116 Issue 24, p16
The article focuses on the call of Governor Joe Manchin of a special session of the state legislature to finalize details of a new worker's compensation program in Charleston, West Virginia. The program's transition from a public program to a privately run company, approved earlier this year by...
- West Virginia's Manchin Mum on Spending Plans in Speech. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32793, p4
The article offers information about the state address of West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin. It is stated that Manchin's speech focuses on education, jobs and drug deterrent initiatives. On the other hand, he did not reveal any big-ticket spending plans or plans for bond issues, or his...
- PLAYER OF THE WEEK: W.VA. GOV. JOE MANCHIN (D). // Hill;7/13/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 80, p30
The article reports on the temporary replacement of West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin (D) in the Senate after the death of Senator Robert Byrd.
- After Ruling, Debate Shifts to Primary Election. Williams, Walt // State Journal (WV);1/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that Charleston, West Virginia's acting governor Earl Ray Tomblin has set October 4, 2011 as the date for a special election in a proclamation issued after the ruling of West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals for the need of an election to occur later in 2011 to fill the...