Concerns About Interest Rates Lead Regional Issuers to Swaps
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31438, p28
Presents graphs depicting bond market in New York City. Interest rates of bonds; Prices of municipal swaps; Increase of funds for a fixed-coupon bond.
- Index-Linked Muni Swaps. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p29
Presents information related to the index-linked municipal swaps in the U.S. as of May 13, 2003. Fixed rate paid by the dealer receiving the index.
- Memo to money managers: Now may be the time to go longer on investments-and buy equities. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Nov74, Vol. 66 Issue 17, p10
Discusses the outlook on stock and bond investments for money managers in the U.S. Buy signal in the case of bonds and notes; Possible decline in interest rates; Response of financial institutions to the returns available on common stocks.
- 1st-quarter strategizing. Harris, Elizabeth E.; Karchmer, Jennifer; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;04/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30619, p1
Discusses the strategies used by fund managers to meet the challenge of rising interest rates and strong demand in the 1999 first quarter. Employment of strategies such as duration management and credit focus; Investor focus on intermediate funds; Search for bonds with retail appeal; Intensive...
- Ripple Effects of Rising Rates. Kitces, Michael // Financial Planning;Jul2014, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p55
The article discusses the non-portfolio issue that financial advisors must consider when interest rates increase. It explores the secondary implication of increased interest rates to insurance premiums, pensions and social security, and cash management, which should be taken notice of in...
- Neb. HFA Eyes Swap Safety. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33433, p1
The article reports on the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA's) move that aimed at helping the authority manage swap risk in Nebraska. It states that NIFA faces a potential problem with debt that is hedged with interest-rate swaps and prepares two-part sale to aid manage swap risk. A...
- Vernon, Calif., to Price $110M. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;7/1/2015, p30
The article reports on the plan of industrial city of Vernon, California to issue taxable electric revenue bonds for interest rate savings in order to eliminate exposure to interest rate swaps and take advantage of low interest rates as of July 2015. Topics discussed include structure of the...
- Ohio Readies $200M GO Sale for School Program. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p4
Reports on the sale of general obligation variable rate bonds by the Ohio Public Facilities Commission. Establishment of a forward swap agreement; Conversion of the bonds to other interest rate modes; Role of liquidity in the consideration for bond ratings.
- Atlanta Asks Adviser IMAGE for Assurances. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p1
The article reports on the request of Atlanta officials for an extra assurance from its swap adviser, Investment Management Advisory Group Inc. (IMAGE) before proceeding to a $436 million interest rate swap with four different counter-parties in Georgia. The issuer had already started working on...