Lehman Hires Morgan Stanley's Whalen to Revive Health Care Group
- Drive to make hospitals profitable. // Finance Week;03/17/2000, Rating SA's Health... p11
Focuses on the drive to make hospitals profitable in South Africa. Case of Gauteng's health department; Fight against fraud and corruption; Public-private partnership.
- 1996 tracking trends. // AHA News;8/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
Presents key hospital and health care indicators in the United States as of April 1996. Full- and part-time personnel; Inpatient admissions; Outpatient visits; Number of surgical operations.
- Is hospital profitability up or down? // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p77
Discusses the profitability of hospitals in the United States, according to the `1998-1999 Almanac of Hospital Financial & Operating Indicators,' from Center for Healthcare Industry Performance Studies. Return on investments; Total margin and return on investment of not-for-profit hospitals.
- Midlands hospital PFIs to be batched. Millett, Carol // Contract Journal;2/4/2004, Vol. 422 Issue 6461, p1
Reports that the Wolverhampton Hospitals scheme and the Walsall Hospital private finance initiative project in England are about to be grouped, according to sources close to both of the schemes, as of February 2004. Reason for the postponement of the schemes in May 2003; Comments from a...
- FIRST-QUARTER LEAGUE TABLES. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/7/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 14, p24
Several tables are presented that lists the top financial advisers for the first quarter of 2008 including Goldman, Sachs & Co., Lehman Brothers Inc., and Deutsche Bank AG.
- Lehman Acquires Private Equity Firm. Hahn, Avital // Investment Management Weekly;9/22/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the acquisition of The Crossroads Group, a private equity investment manager in Dallas, Texas, by Lehman Brothers. Expectations on Lehman's global private equity franchise; Details of the acquisition deal; Executives at the private funds investment group.
- THE IMPROBABLE POWER BROKER. Serwer, Andy; Hajim, Corey // Fortune International (Europe);4/17/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p98
The article reports on the corporate turnaround of the U.S. investment firm Lehman Brothers under the leadership of Dick Fuld. When Fuld took over the Shearson/American Express subsidiary, it was faltering. For the past decade, Lehman Brothers' stock has increased 29% per year on average, the...
- Lehman Brothers Pro Debuts PE Firm. Forde, Arnella // Investment Management Weekly;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the creation of private equity firm Circle Peak Capital Management by Adam Smith, former executive of the mergers and acquisitions group of Lehman Brothers, as of September 2003. Focus of the firm; Statement issued by Smith regarding the firm's strategy.
- Fido Bites the Street. Tully, Shawn // Fortune International (Europe);11/14/2005, Vol. 152 Issue 9, p118
This article reports on Fidelity Investments introducing a brokerage arrangement with Lehman Brothers that allows Fidelity to pay separately for trading and research. Until now money managers paid one commission rate, which was usually around 5Â¢ a share. The author contends that the...