Schwarzenegger Wants $3B More in GOs for Levee Upgrade
- Lining Up the Bond Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32385, p33
The article reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor of California, started signing the measures that will place the infrastructure bond package. Schwarzenegger started the year by advocating $68 billion in general obligation bonds to finance the state's infrastructure needs. The...
- GOP vs. Schwarzenegger. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32453, p35
The article reports on the vote of California Republicans not to endorse three bond measures supported by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. The governor's infrastructure bond proposals, which resulted in four ballot measures, is the centerpiece of his agenda for this year. The Republicans instead...
- California's levees need attention. McCarthy, Larry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/12/2006, Issue 323555, p27
The article stresses the need to repair and improve levees in California. Levee strengthening and flood control measures must be addressed immediately specially now that spring is producing record levels of rain. A big step towards repairing the levees came when Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger...
- California Tries To Buck Odds Until Levee System Is Fixed. Sawyer, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/30/2007, Vol. 259 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the effort of California to buck odds until levee systems is fixed. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger asked the legislature for more than $120 million by year-end for immediate restoration work while a more comprehensive, $1-billion plan is developed. The state plans a...
- California Weighs Big Flood Measure. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/31/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that Californians will vote on a $4-billion bond to pay for levee repairs and improvements along several rivers and watersheds in the northern part of the state. This is part of a plan suggested by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to fund long-deferred improvements to state...
- A Governor's Gamble. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p1
Reports on the bond issuance to provide a cash infusion for California in return for allowing expanded tribal gambling rights. Agreement between Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with five Indian tribes; Reaction of the voters to two gaming proposals; Generation of additional state revenue.
- California's Prison Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p1
The article reports on the proposed issuance of lease revenue bonds by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to solve the increasing sense of crisis emerging in California's overcrowded prison system. The governor announced a special session of the Legislature to address the prison system. Construction...
- Deadlocks and Mindsets. Campbell, John // Orange County Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p43
Comments on the request of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for a bond issue and a spending limit in California. Petition for real workers' compensation reform; Support of the Republican Assembly to the governor's request; Opposition of Democratic Senator John Burton on governor's proposal.
- Schwarzenegger's Gamble. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p1
Focuses on the proposed budget for fiscal 2005 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Worth of the proposed budget; Link of the bond referendum to a spending capital measure; Call for the sale of pension obligation bonds.