Erie County, N.Y., Seeks FA for Return to the Competitive Market
- Parrish reveals top county priorities. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p3
This article details the top priorities of newly re-elected Kent County, Michigan Chairwoman Sandi Frost Parrish for 2011. Her priorities include maintaining a balanced operating budget, reviewing land-use issues and changing how the county is organized and operates. Particular cous is given to...
- San Francisco Area Transit Districts Going to Mediation Over Deficit Dispute. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p5
Reports that the San Mateo County Transit District and the Bay Area Transit District in the San Francisco, California area have resolved their fight over deficits through mediation. Agreement of San Mateo to reimburse the Bay Area for operating deficits on the BART extension to the San...
- N.J. treasury tight-lipped about potential $1.5B deficit deal. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p44
Reports on the alleged plans of the state to use bonds to patch budget deficit in New Jersey. Amount of the budget deficit; Amount of the bonds; Borrowing plans of the state; Structural imbalance in the budget.
- No Bond Votes This Year for Virginia's Prince William, Stafford Counties. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p29
Reports on the decision of the county officials not to place a road bond referendum on the election ballot in Virginia. Issuance of general obligation bonds to finance public projects; Construction of new administration building; Provisions of the draft resolution.
- The budget everyone loves to hate. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/16/2004, Issue 323192, p1
Analyzes the 2004 budget proposals of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Local governments' claim that he restored vehicle licensee fee money only to take $1.3 billion of it away in the form of a property tax shift; Concerns about cuts to health and welfare programs; Budget deficit even...
- New Mexico county's budget shortfall is jail-related. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p32
Discusses efforts by officials of Santa Fe County, New Mexico to resolve its budget shortfall for fiscal year 1999. Consideration of options to solve the shortfall related to county jail construction; Issuance of correctional system revenue bonds to fund construction of jail; Failure by county...
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.