Personal Income, Spending Increased in January
- Personal Income Up 0.3%; Spending Increases 0.5%. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;12/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32535, p2
The article reports that according to the U.S. Department of Commerce, personal income increased by 0.3 percent during November 2006, reaching up to $11.091 trillion. There was an increase of 0.5 percent in personal consumption during the same period. The price index for personal consumption...
- Income rose 0.5%; spending 0.8% in Dec. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p2
Reports on the growth of American workers' income in December 1998 and their rate of consumption, according to the United States Commerce Department.
- Personal income rose 0.4% in Sept., while consumer spending slowed. Emert, Carol // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/31/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 81, p5
Focuses on a report released on October 30, 1995 by the Commerce Department which shows an increase in personal income and a slowdown in consumer spending in the United States. Most of the income increase as from wages and salaries; Modest pick-up in employment; Spending on nondurable and...
- Consumer spending figures revised. // Furniture/Today;8/15/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p59
Reports that U.S. Department of Commerce has revised its estimates of consumer spending for 2002, 2003 and 2004, plus the first six months of 2005. Result of the agency's routine updating; Decline in expenditure on durable goods; Observation of improvement in durable goods disbursement.
- Consumer spending high-despite gas prices. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p9
The article reports on the directly proportional relationship between the gas price and consumer consumption, in the United States. Retail sales for the month of May 2006 by the U.S. Commerce Deparment projected an increase of 9.4 percent compared to last year and a 0.1 increase compared to...
- May Personal Income, Spending Each Up 0.4%. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p2
The article reports the increase in personal income and consumption in May 2006, according to data from the U.S. Department of Commerce. Following a revised 0.7 percent increase in April, personal income for May rose by $38.3 billion to about $10.733 trillion, while spending increased up to...
- Jan. personal income, spending both rise. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p2
Focuses on a report by the United States Department of Commerce showing the increase in income of American workers as of December 1998. Rise in workers' rate of consumption; Factors behind the gains in income.
- Consumer Spending, Personal Income Climb. Rozelle, Walter N. // Textile World;May99, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p13
Reports that consumer spending increased faster than personal income in February 1999 according to the United States Department of Commerce. Comparison of statistics; Status of construction spending.
- July Personal Income +0.5%; Personal Spending +0.8%. McConnell, Alison L.; Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p2
The article provides updates on the conditions of personal income and spending in the U.S. for July 2006. According to Commerce Department, personal income increased by $60.2 billion to about $11.015 trillion after an unrevised 0.6% and personal spending increased $78.7 billion to $9.353...