Ill Health Deals Stalled By Charity Care Proposal
- Suburban Detroit Hospital Prepares Its Largest Issue Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31131, p32
Focuses on preparations of William Beaumont Hospital for the sale of single issue refunding bonds and new-money in Chicago, Illinois. Negotiation between hospital officials and triple-A rated insurers; Affirmation of the Fitch AA-minus rating of the hospital debt system; Need of capital project...
- Competition, Demand Boost Insurance Penetration to New High. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p8A
Reports on the increase in the number of municipal bonds that are being insured in the U.S. Role of competition among guarantors, favorable credit conditions, and investor demand, in propelling insurance in the bond market; Sectors that showed the increase in insurance penetration; Contribution...
- Agencies' Economic Woes Make ARC Bonds Tougher to Get. Holly, Tricia A. // Travel Agent;8/5/2002, Vol. 309 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the difficulties encountered by insurance agencies in complying with the requirements for ARC bonds. Minimum ARC bond required; Factors to consider in obtaining the bond; Collateral requirements for bond applicant.
- Cities worried by bond market fears. Brock, Ed // American City & County;Mar2011, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the plan of Washington-based National League of Cities (NLC) to establish a municipal bond insurance company in response to growing fears over the possibility of U.S. cities defaulting on their bond obligations. According to Los Angeles Chief of Debt Management Natalie...
- Children Hosp L.A. Cut to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the underlying bond ratings for the Children's Hospital in anticipation of an upcoming financing in Los Angeles, California. Insurers of the bond; Use of the proceeds from the offering to refund a portion of Childrens' Series 1993 bonds...
- Muni Volume Plunges. Campbell, Dakin // Financial Planning;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p30
The article reports on the decline of new-issue bond volume due to a change in municipal market and concerns relating to bond insurers. Data from Thomson Financial reveal a 47.2% drop in bonds sold in January 2008 as it was in 2007. The author elaborates on Municipal Market Data's report of a...
- Assured Leads Insurer Comeback; Orrick Tops Counsel Ranks. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;7/15/2015, p32
This section offers news briefs on bonds and trading in the U.S. as of July 15, 2015. Insurer Assured Guaranty led the pack of insurers providing bond insurance in the first quarter of 2015, wherein Assured Guaranty was reported to have the most par insured volume, market share, and total number...
- MBIA Gets a 'Buy' Rating, Based on PREPA Reports. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/4/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34405, p1
The parent of the biggest insurer of Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority bonds won a "buy" rating on the expectation that PREPA will soon come to an agreement in which bond insurers will suffer minimal losses at worst.
- Record Q1 business at Skandia. // Money Marketing;5/13/2004, p8
Reports on Skandia UK Group's achievement of record business growth in the first quarter of 2004. Increase of unit-linked bond sales and new single-premium pension business.