MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY
- Something for Everyone? Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on California's issuance of revenue anticipation notes slated to price on September 29, 2004 after a two-day retail order period. California's efforts to find as broad a market as possible for the sizable sale; Total amount of revenue anticipation notes to be issued by California; Los...
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004. Release of the minutes from the August Federal Open Market Committee meeting that stated the need for the continuation of a tightening monetary policy; Trends in the Treasury market; Sale of a triple-A rated...
- May Volume Barely Tops 2006, But Year-to-Date Sales Up 30%. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p52
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. as of June 1, 2007. The year-to-date totals of municipal bonds which was sold continued to overshadow 2006 with 2007 issuance levels almost 30 percent higher than in 2006. In 2007, $173.78 million of bonds have been...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p40
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 21, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; Bond Buyer indexes.
- Greenspan Testimony to Congress Helps Sink Municipal Debt Lower. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p2
Reports on the outcome of the February 17, 2005 municipal bond trading in the U.S. Decline in the popularity of longer-dated Treasuries; Amount of refunding certificates issued by the Arizona School Facilities Board; Value of revenue bonds issued by the New York State Dormitory Authority.
- Munis Drift Lower Under Pressure From Treasuries; Selling Limited. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the September 24, 2004 trading session in the U.S. Appearance of a number of bid-wanted lists in the sector; Eagerness of some investors to sell bonds while the prices are high; Impact of higher oil prices on the outcome of the trading.
- Munis Finish Up in Muted Activity. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market on March 22, 2006. The market performed higher as Treasuries enjoyed a minor technical bounce. Activity was muted as investors looked forward to the Federal Open Market Committee meeting. The muted secondary activity level...
- West Virginia Borrowers Plan About $400 Million of Bonds. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p1
Reports on West Virginia agencies' plan to sell bonds as fiscal 2005 is about to get underway. Likelihood that the state would have more revenue than previously anticipated to help with its budget in 2005; Sales and income tax collections of West Virginia; Additional revenue from severance taxes.