Nebraska Lawmakers Face Tax Cuts, Omaha Convention Center Measure
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p33
Reports on the status of various U.S. legislative bills concerning municipal bonds and public finance as of October 12, 2004. Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act of 2003; Jumpstart Our Business Strength Act and American Jobs Creation Act of 2004; Energy Tax...
- Let's Crack the Code. Neal, Richard E. // National Public Accountant;Aug99, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the the Individual Tax Simplification Act of 1999 in the United States. Objective of the bill; Legislation where the act is based on; Interaction between the credits.
- Benefits of Tax Cut Are Phased in, Back-Loaded and Retroactive. Lathrop, Steven J. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul2001, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 in the United States. Aspects of the tax cut; Discussion on the development of tax brackets; Advantages of the tax legislation to married couples; Details on the changes in the retirement plans.
- Tax Notes. Litwin, Burton H. // American Bar Association Journal;Dec81, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p1688
Focuses on the provisions of the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 in the United States. Benefits to taxpayers; Changes in the manner of determining statutory interest rates; Addition of a penalty for valuation overstatements; Increase in negligence penalty.
- Bill giving GO ability to Virgin Islands waits for Clinton nod. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p5
Reports on the submission of a legislation that would save the Virgin Islands up to five million dollars on its planned $100 million financing to President Bill Clinton for his signature after the United States Senate gave it final congressional approval in October 1999. Provision of the bill...
- California's `super' bond election day. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p1
Reports that California voters will decide the fate of state and local bonds in a high-stakes election. Impact of the outcome on the state's oldest bond law, the voter threshold for school debt; Predictions that the Republican Party will have the greatest impact on the bond measures.
- Education board in Neb. rebuffs calls for repeal. Lillis, Mike // Hill;9/8/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 97, p14
The article focuses on the rebuff by the Nebraska State Board of Education of a request from Governor Dave Heineman to support a repeal of the healthcare reform law in 2010.
- Watkins: Tax Enforcement Reforms Appear Achievable. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p4
Reports the revised tax enforcement reforms proposal of municipal issuers and bond lawyers in the U.S. Plan of issuers to elect on the assumption of financial responsibility; Creation of monetary penalties and sanctions for tax-law violations; Information on the available sanction to the...
- Colorado's effort to reduce taxes could lower tax bases, officials say. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30554, p36
Reports that the proposed legislation to reduce taxes in Colorado Legislature could lower tax bases of municipal bond issuers. Bills that could potentially cut income to cities, counties and school districts; Law requiring lawmakers to return a year of excess revenue to taxpayers.