Competitive Note Offerings
- Wylie, Tex., Water Revs Get S&P Upgrade. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31929, p2
Reports on the rating given by Standard & Poor's on the outstanding waterworks and sewer system revenue bonds of the local government of Wylie, Texas. Upgrade of the revenue bonds from BBB-plus to A-minus; Factors cited by analysts in upgrading the bond rating; Effect of the upgrade on the...
- Atlanta One Step Closer to $680M Water-Sewer Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p5
Reports that the Atlanta City Council in Atlanta, Georgia has approved a measure for the issuance of water and wastewater revenue bonds by the city government. Financial advisers for the bond package; Objectives of the water and wastewater revenue bonds; Details on the bond rating for the city's...
- The O.C., 10 Years Later. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32023, p1
Reports on the recovery in the credit ratings of Orange County, California. Impact of the December 6, 1994 filing of county bankruptcy on the current financial ratings; Efforts of the county's public manager in imposing financial controls; Debt level of the county.
- Lay Off the One-Time Revenues, Raters Warn Rhode Island. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p3
The article reports on the impact of Rhode Island's continued use of one-time revenues on its credit rating. The state's purpose of use of such revenues particularly the proceeds of tobacco bond sales, is to plug budget shortfalls. Additional stress or failure to achieve spending restraint goals...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Oversight Board to Decide on Borrowing Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p3
Reports on the expected delay approval of the plan to sell long-term insured general obligation bonds by the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority (BFSA) of New York. Value of the general obligation bond; Worth of the deficit financing of the state; Expectation on the credit rating of BFSA.
- Agencies: States Face Downside Risk, Municipalities Should Remain Steady. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31800, p5
Presents outlook for U.S. state and local credit quality for 2004. Factors that affect the creditworthiness of states; Prediction for local government-issued bonds; Effect of the economic condition and unemployment rates on local governments.
- Shelby County, Tenn., to Sell $85 Million Tan Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p40
Reports on the plan of the Shelby County to sell tax anticipation notes in Tennessee. Total value of the notes issued for the purpose; Basis of ratings given by the rating agencies for the deal; Use of the proceeds to bolster the county's finances.
- Texas Issuers Head Up Post-Presidents Day Slate. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p7
The article reports on strong municipal bond sales in Texas during the week of the Presidents' Day. The bond market was not affected by the holiday-shortened week. Three issuers have nearly $700 million in municipal bond sales lined up. The cities of Dallas and Fort Worth plan to sell $310.4...
- Sect Schools May Get Aid. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that Arizona legislators are moving to provide a $1.3 million loan to the financially troubled Colorado City Unified School District. A House Committee has unanimously endorsed a bailout bill after a state-appointed receiver assured members that the district is under new...