House Panel Sets March 16 Hearing on Tax-Exempts
- Camp Won't Run For Re-Election In November. // Bond Buyer;4/1/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34085, p1
The article informs that the U.S. House Ways & Means Committee chairman Dave Camp has announced that he will not seek re-election to the House in November 2014. Topics discussed include releasing the draft tax-reform legislation that would cap the value of the tax-exemption for municipal bond...
- Rep. Camp could punch 'golden ticket' to K Street. Wilson, Megan R.; Becker, Bernie // Hill;4/16/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p11
The article reports that the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee chairman Dave Camp's retirement has opened the way of a bidding war for a powerful chairman with knowledge of tax policy and the IRS code.
- Democrats on House Committee Urge Bipartisan Tax Reform. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/28/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34002, p1
The article focuses on a letter written by 16 politicians of the political party Democratic Party on the U.S. Congress House Ways and Means committee to U.S. politician Dave Camp as of October 2013, according to which committee members have urged bipartisanship on tax reform legislation. It...
- Camp Tax Reform Plan Expected to Tax Some Muni Bond Interest. Jagoda, Naomi; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/26/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34066, p1
The article discusses the economic aspects of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee chairman Dave Camp's tax reform plan to increase tax rate to 25 percent and impose 10 percent surtax on earnings of tax-exempt bond interest. Topics discussed include impact of the tax reform on municipal...
- House Committee to Mull Permanent Tax Extenders. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;3/25/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34081, p1
The article discusses the steps to be taken by the U.S. Congress House Ways and Means Committee regarding tax provisions to be made permanent which expired in 2013. Topics discussed include views of Congressman Dave Camp regarding the tax reform to provide certainty to the American taxpayers,...
- Tech group: Rep. Camp is ally on tax panel. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;11/4/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p14
The article offers information on the statement of TechAmerica President Phil Bond at a meeting of the U.S. House of Representatives about Michigan Representative Dave Camp.
- S Corporation Corner. Frentz, Stuart J. // Journal of Passthrough Entities;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p35
The article discusses the proposal of Dave Camp, chairman of U.S. House of Representatives Committee of Ways and Means to repeal Subchapters S and replace it with a single set of rules that applies on nonpublicly traded businesses. It mentions that S corporations are affected by changes in the...
- Camp challenges GOP with radical tax reform. Becker, Bernie // Hill;2/27/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp has challenged his colleagues at the U.S. Republic Party to embrace a broad and radical tax reform plan.
- Camp promises to take up worker aid with trade deals. Needhman, Vicki // Hill;7/8/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 99, p4
The article reports on the efforts of U.S. House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp to separately consider an aid program to help workers who were displaced by pending trade deals.