Fitch: Kelo Backlash Could Affect Municipal Credit Quality
- LOUISIANA. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/12/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32297, p31
This article presents information about new developments related to the field of public finance in Louisiana. In the latest round of litigation over the Lafayette Utilities System proposed bond funding for a fiber-optics project, a lower court's ruling was changed by the state's Third Circuit...
- Babylon, N.Y., Earns GO Upgrade From Fitch Ahead of $30M Sale. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32242, p3
Reports on the upgrade of the outstanding general obligations bonds of the town of Babylon, New York by Fitch Ratings Inc. Factors contributing to the upgrade of the towns' credit rating; Direct debt levels of the town; Statement of local finance director Victoria Marotta regarding the upgrade.
- Steel City's BBB Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's general obligation municipal bonds received a BBB credit rating from Fitch Ratings. The rating and an outlook of "stable" also apply to outstanding general obligation debt of $766 million. Fitch cited the city's improved finances due to...
- Calif. Gets High Marks for $8.8B Ran Sale, Except From Fitch. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/16/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33184, p6
The article reports on the rating given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the 8.8 billion U.S. dollars California revenue anticipation note sale. It states that the F2 short-term rating reflects the weakening economy, the uncertain direction of general fund revenue collections and a precariously balanced...
- Fitch Upgrades New Hampshire Utility After Sale of Seabrook Nuclear Plant. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p6
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded Public Service Company of New Hampshire's senior secured credit and the utility's unsecured ratings. Completion of the sale of the Seabrook nuclear power facility; Reflection of the constructive resolution of electric restructuring issues in the city.
- Prince George's Waste. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p33
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded the outstanding solid-waste revenue debt of Prince George's County in Maryland.
- Negative on Friendship. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/13/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33249, p9
The article reports on the rating made by credit agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. to Friendship Village of Columbus Ohio Inc., a continuing care retirement facility's, outlook in Ohio.
- UK loses AAA rating with second agency as Fitch downgrades. Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);4/22/2013, p9
The article reports that Great Britain has lost its AAA credit rating with Fitch Ratings in 2013, following Moody's downgrading from AAA to AA+ with a stable outlook.
- Fitch cuts Croatia credit rating to junk. // Regional Today;
The article reports that the credit rating of Croatia was downgraded to junk by the agency Fitch Ratings in September 2013.