Cox Names SEC Vet John Nestor To Become Public Affairs Director
- Newly Sworn-In Chairman to Address Commission Staff Today. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p5
Reports on the inauguration of Christopher Cox as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Career background of Cox; Professional relationship with Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan.
- Cox Urges Senate Panel to Support Disclosure Reform Legislation. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p4
The article reports on the interest of several U.S. Congress members in sponsoring the reform of a legislation to boost disclosure and accounting rules for the municipal market, according to Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Christopher Cox. Representative Vito Fossella has already...
- Cox Given Clean Bill of Health Following Surgery. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p4
The article reports on the improvement in United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Christopher Cox's health one month after having surgery to remove a benign thymic tumor. Cox's doctors have given him a "clean bill of health" and has been told that no further treatment is...
- Run With All of Donaldson's Rules, Mr. Cox. Curtis, Carol E. // Money Management Executive;8/15/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p1
Comments on the confirmation of Christopher Cox as the new chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Decision of former chairman William Donaldson to reapprove the controversial mutual fund governance reforms; Possibility that Cox will not side with the Democrats in the...
- Cox Vows to Be Strong Advocate for Investors. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p5
Highlights Christopher Cox's first speech as chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Cox's vow to be a strong advocate for investors, a tough enforcer of the securities laws, and a strong supporter of the commission staff; Challenges facing the Commission.
- Cox to head SEC. // BRW;6/9/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p81
Announces the appointment of former securities lawyer Christopher Cox as head of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- SEC's Donaldson To Step Down Later This Month. Burke, Kevin // Investment Management Weekly;6/6/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the decision of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman William Donaldson to resign on June 30, 2005 and to propose the nomination of California Republican Christopher Cox as his replacement. Contributions of Donaldson to the agency; Background on Cox; Reason behind his...
- New Cop in Town. Nelson, Scott Bernard // Entrepreneur;Nov2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the appointment of Christopher Cox as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Background on Cox's political career; Interest in national security and corporate regulation; Leadership edge against former SEC Chairman William Donaldson.
- Cox: SEC to Propose New Disclosure Rules. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/9/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32957, p1
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to propose rules that would enhance municipal disclosure. According to SEC chairman Christopher Cox, the proposals will be aimed at implementing some of the municipal securities initiatives that can be...