The High-Yield Squeeze
- Where Are the Opportunities in Today's Bond Market? Berry, Scott; Jacobson, Eric // Morningstar FundInvestor;Apr2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p8
Looks at the current yield levels of the different bond maturities and market segments in the U.S. Percentage yielded by two-year Treasury and 10-year Treasury as of March 29, 2006; Comparison of the yields of junk bonds with Treasury issues; Potential of municipal bonds in the market.
- Even conservative buyers drawn to high yields on long end. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p5
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 4, 1999. Increase in demand for high-yield bonds; Factors affecting the market.
- Selected high-yield municipal bond trading activity[*]. // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p7
Presents information on several high-yield municipal bond deals in the United States for the period July 12 to 16, 1999. Includes names of issuers; Details of the bond issues.
- Urban Sprawl Radiates a Certain Allure for Portfolio Managers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p9
Focuses on developments related to the high-yield sector of the municipal bond market in the United States as of April 7, 2000. Increase in investors' demand for non-rated bond issues.
- Widening Spreads May Be Overcoming Buy-Side Skepticism. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/04/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30947, p7
Presents an overview of the high yield bond market in the United States as of August 2000. Widening spreads overcoming buy-side skepticism; Favorable time to invest in the risky sector; Municipal market; Revenue refunding bonds of American Airlines Inc.
- High on High Yields. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32738, p1
The article reports that the investors have shown more interest in high-yield municipal bond mutual funds in September 2007 after the sector had outflows for three consecutive months in the U.S., according to data released by Lipper Inc. The report has noted that the mutual funds with a...
- Bond-Market Snapshot. // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jul2010, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p21
Several charts are presented that show the bond-market snapshot including the treasury yield curve, treasury and municipal bond yields, and high-yield and treasury-bond yields.
- Exploring the Underbelly. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/2/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32620, p1
The article reports on the opportunities in the distressed municipal bond market for investors in the U.S. Looking at credit cycles moving forward, spreads are widening and more non-investment grade issuers are becoming distressed. It will create an opportunity to invest. There are a variety of...
- Market Cools to High-Yield Munis. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;3/23/2015, p27
The article reports on the oversupply of municipal bonds in the investment-grade sector and the lull in municipal high-yield investment which analysts attribute to various factors. Topics discussed include a preoccupation with higher interest rates, the stigma associated with speculative...