CEOs Sign vs. TABOR
- WISCONSIN TAX POLICY: SERIOUS FLAWS, COMPELLING SOLUTIONS. McChrystal, Michael K. // Marquette Law Review;Aug2004 Special Issu, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p1
Examines the tax policies of Wisconsin in 2004. Flaws of the state's tax system; Recommended solutions to the taxation flaws; Implications on taxation.
- COMMENTS ON TAXPAYER BILL OF RIGHTS. Haney, James S. // Marquette Law Review;Aug2004 Special Issu, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p173
Comments on the proposed taxpayer bill of rights (TABOR) in Wisconsin in 2004. Key stipulations of TABOR; Effects on fiscal policy; Implications on taxation.
- EDITOR'S INTRODUCTION. Conrad, Robert F. // Public Finance & Management;Dec2003, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p393
Developing market orientation tax systems has been a significant component of the economic transition in Central and Eastern Europe. Some challenges faced by policy makers in tax policy design for transition countries are studied in this volume. In particular, taxation and corruption, fiscal...
- TAX REFORM CHALLENGES IN WHAT IS LEFT OF YUGOSLAVIA. Anderson, John E. // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2001, p311
Provides an overview of the tax policy setting in the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (FRY) in 2002. Challenges of economic transition coupled with the disintegration of the FRY; Analysis of key issues of interest; Implications on taxation and public finance.
- STATE TAX POLICY: CHALLENGES, TASKS, PROSPECTS. Ilyenko, R. V. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Apr2011, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p211
The article summarizes the current problems and challenges of tax policy in Ukraine. The effectiveness of major taxes is analyzed. Prospective directions for technique improvement on formation and implementation of tax policy are offered.
- Foreign affiliate update. Henry, Trent; Choate, Deirdre // CA Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p36
The article reports on the proposed amendments to the income tax act that includes important changes to the foreign affiliate rules. A fundamental aspect to the Canadian system is that favorable results are achieved when foreign affiliate status is achieved. Another fundamental concept of the...
- IV. REFINING THE MEDIUM-TERM FISCAL FRAMEWORK. // OECD Economic Surveys: Denmark;Jul2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 10, p87
Focuses on tax and spending policies in Denmark as applied to achieve the government's medium-term fiscal strategy of Denmark for the period 2003-2010. Main elements of the strategy; Power of the tax freeze as an instrument to lower taxes; Sanctions implemented by local governments; Assessment...
- THE ONGOING EVOLUTION OF STATE REVENUE SYSTEMS. Fox, William F. // Marquette Law Review;Aug2004 Special Issu, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p19
Discusses key issues concerning the development of state revenue systems. State fiscal performance; Tax structure of Wisconsin; Implications on taxation.
- THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE PERSPECTIVE. Morgan, Michael L. // Marquette Law Review;Aug2004 Special Issu, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p11
Presents the perspective of the Department of Revenue on issues concerning tax policies in Wisconsin in 2004. Key challenges that relate to tax policy; Problems that contribute to the budget deficit; Implications on taxation.