N.Y.'s MTA Launches Probe of LOC Provider ABN Amro
- ABN Amro Hit With $80M in Fines. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;12/20/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 242, p20
The article reports that ABN Amro Bank NV has been fined $80 million for money laundering, the largest fine ever for such activities. The company is required to improve compliance and risk-management mechanisms to fully comply with United States law. The fine comes after a 2004 action requiring...
- Money laundering war reaches impasse. Habsudova, Zuzana; Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p1
Reports that questions were being raised over the law on money laundering in Slovakia. Amendments done on the country's 1994 law on money laundering; Effort taken by the government to fight corruption and reform Slovakia's financially and legislatively weak sector.
- INTRODUCTION: STEMMING THE FLOW OF ILLICIT MONEY: A PRIORITY FOR CANADA: PARLIAMENTARY REVIEW OF THE PROCEEDS OF CRIME (MONEY LAUNDERING) AND TERRORIST FINANCING ACT. // Brains Trust: Financial Services;Oct2006, Issue 3, p1
An introduction to the book "Stemming the Flow of Illicit Money: A Priority for Canada: Parliamentary Review of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act" is presented which discusses the elements of the anti-money laundering framework in Canada, the Parliamentary...
- Treasury, Enforcement Network Issue Proposed Rules To Expand Anti-Money Laundering Regulations. // Insurance Advocate;5/12/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the rules proposed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network under the USA PATRIOT Act that would expand anti-money laundering regulation to commodity trading advisors and securities investment advisors. Details of the proposed rules; Extent...
- Bruce Zagaris, 'Selected Developments in Latin America And The Carribean in Anti-money Laundering.' Paper presented to the 4th International Money Laundering Conference, April 22-23, 1999, Miami... Zagaris, Bruce // Trends in Organized Crime;Summer1999, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p111
Presents excerpts from the paper `Selected Developments in Latin America and the Caribbean in Anti-Money Laundering,' presented at the 4th International Money Laundering Conference on April 22 to 23, 1999 in Miami Beach, Florida.
- A Gettier drama. Hanfling, Oswald // Analysis;Jul2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p262
Presents two court cases regarding money laundering. Application of the 1968 Theft Act.
- UAE finally joins U.S. counter-terror crackdown on money laundering. // Geo-Strategy Direct;6/20/2007, p8
The article reports on the decision of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to cooperate with the U.S. against money-launderers in the emirates. According to officials, UAE has helped U.S. authorities in identifying suspected money-launderers as well as their assets. More than $5.6 million from an...
- Don J. Clemmer, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Texas Attorney General. Statement before US House of Representatives, Committee on Banking and Financial Services, Subcommittees on... Clemmer, Don J. // Trends in Organized Crime;Summer1999, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p90
Presents excerpts from the statement given by Assistant Attorney General of Texas Don J. Clemmer on April 15, 1999, focusing on money laundering and on efforts to combat laundering in Texas.
- Fraud trial under threat as silks strike over pay cuts. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p3
Reports on a concerted strike action by defense barristers in England over the British government's contract rates. Average rate per hour for a lead counsel; Overview on the money laundering case before the Manchester Crown Court; Handling of the case by Linskills Solicitors