Piper Jaffray Taps Ex-Coastal Securities VP as Its First Houston Salesman
- Who's Who in Private Placements. // Private Placement Letter;10/4/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p12
Presents data on notable private placement agents in the U.S. Banc of America Securities LLC; Piper Jaffray & Co.
- Piper Jaffray Names Seitz Private Client Director. // Money Management Executive;4/26/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p4
Focuses on the new appointments in the financial services sector. Appointment of Tom Seitz as director of business development of Piper Jaffray's private client services division; Goal of Seitz to include the development of a training program for company's financial advisors; Seinz to report to...
- Kerker Guides Bank's TV Effort. Baar, Aaron // Adweek Midwest Edition;9/9/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p4
Provides information on the advertising campaign created by Kerker for brokerage firm, Bancorp Piper Jaffray. Features of the television advertisement; Theme of the print advertisement.
- Wealth Unit Fills Gap Clients Saw At Piper Jaffray. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;4/18/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 73, p7
Reports that Piper Jaffray & Co. has started a wealth management group to give itself a component lacking at the securities firm since it was spun off by U.S. Bancorp. Observations of Bill Garrison, the group's director; Efforts to solidify the company's relationships and help retain their...
- The Firms: PIPER JAFFRAY. // 25 Top Financial Services Firms;2008, p73
The article features Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Piper Jaffray, deemed one of 25 top financial services firms in the U.S. in 2007. The firm, which started in 1913 as a commercial paper brokerage house, sold its private client business to UBS in 2006, leaving its private capital group as its...
- PEOPLE. Johnson, Hilary; Rieker, Matthias; Davis, Paul; Bills, Steve // American Banker;4/5/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 66, p2
The article discusses news briefs about people in the financial services industry. Piper Jaffray Co. is folding its bank research coverage, costing Andy Collins and his team of four analysts their jobs. SunTrust Banks Inc. have amended their bylaws to allow CEO Jim Wells to preside over...
- Piper Jaffray Spins Off Its Private Capital Unit. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the operation of the private capital business of Piper Jaffray & Co. in December 2010 in the U.S.
- FINRA Fines Seven Firms for Violations. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33132, p1
The article reports on the penalty given by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) to seven firms which made several violations in the U.S. The penalty, which totaled $184,500, was given to firms such as BOSC Inc., Charles Schwab & Co. and Piper Jaffray & Co. They were fined due to...
- An "Open or Shut" Arbitration. Singer, Bill // Registered Rep;Feb2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p83
In this article the author discusses a case on repayment of an employee forgivable loan (EFL) in the U.S. He cites the condition of registered representative James F. Dowley, who joined the Piper Jaffray and Co. back in 1996 wherein the latter was sold to Swiss banking company UBS Financial...