January New Home Sales Drop 5% to 1 .233M Rate
- SUBURBAN SPRAWL. Musall, Laura // Indianapolis Monthly;Sep2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p36
The article presents information on a 3,198-square-foot Zionsville home in Indianapolis, Indiana. The house has the requisite pastoral surroundings, charming red-brick pathways, white picket fence and cascading flowers, plus an English garden complete with pond. Built in 1962, the 3-bedroom...
- Washington's Beautiful, Illegal Tiny Houses. Krainin, Todd // Reason;Dec2014, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p60
The article reports that tiny homes could help to ease the shortage of affordable housing in Washington, D.C. It is said that the median price per square foot has climbed to a staggering 450 dollars in the city. Tiny homes are an attractive option to the very sort of residents whom the city...
- Too good (and cheap) to be true? Blacker, Zoë // Building Design;8/12/2005, Issue 1686, p8
Reports on the construction of low-cost houses in Great Britain. Concerns over the quality of the houses; Implications of the project for the demand in housing; Actions taken by the government to improve the housing market. INSET: A disappointing 'rogues' gallery', say architects.
- Cheaper building is not the only goal. Dittmar, Hank // Building Design;8/12/2005, Issue 1686, p11
Comments on the competition among builders to construct low-cost housing in Great Britain. Importance of quality in relation to cost; Factors to consider in the construction process; Implications of the competition for the construction industry.
- Family Camp. ALBERT, AMY // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Oct2012, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p35
The article focuses on the construction of a lakeside house at Lakeside Camp. The newest lakeside house nestles beautifully into its setting. It sits in a forest of hemlock and beech trees and appears to be a natural part of the landscape. The clients requested that the house be completely...
- REAL ESTATE. Bergman, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;5/30/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p36
The article reports on the drop in the rate at which median home prices in San Diego, California increases as of May 2005. This is despite the demand for ocean front property and he brisk business of property managers at the La Jolla residential real estate market. The San Diego Association of...
- First Quarter Shows 'Strong Growth' in Remodeling. // Qualified Remodeler;Jul2005, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the strong growth of home remodeling activity in the United States during the first quarter of 2005.
- The Suburban Tower: and Toronto's Legacy of Modern Housing. Stewart, Graeme // Docomomo Journal;Sep2008, Issue 39, p23
No abstract available.
- Downtown housing said strong. Ripley, Richard // Journal of Business (10756124);3/10/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, pA1
Reports on the state of downtown-area housing in Spokane, Washington as of March 2005. Volume of new constructions; Demand for residential spaces; Implications for developers.