New York's LIPA Readies $950M Deal
- New York MTA Readies Deal; Fare Hike, Tax Slowdown Loom. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32720, p5
The article reports on the preparation of a bond sale by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York, amidst real estate tax slack and fare hike. Dedicated tax funds worth $431 million is posed to be sold by MTA in October 2007. Furthermore, the sale will be managed by Bear...
- After Time Apart, Hawkins Looks To Renew Connecticut Contract. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p1
Focuses on the plan of Hawkins Delafield & Wood to renew contract after suspending services with the state of Connecticut. Submission of proposal for bond counsel; Reason for the suspension of services; Deliberation over the selection of bond counsel pool.
- Tennessee School Authority Readies $128M of New and Refunding Bonds. DeSue1, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p5
The article reports on the issuance of $128 million of new-money and refunding bonds by the Tennessee State School Bond Authority. The proceeds of bonds would be used for capital projects of state institutions of higher learning. UBS Securities Llc acted as book-running underwriter while Hawkins...
- GOLDMAN SACHS EURO HY INDICES. // High Yield Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p8
Presents statistics on most liquid bonds as ranked by Goldman Sachs as of November 20, 2002.
- Memphis to convert airport debt to auction-rate securities. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30726, p32
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will convert a variable-rate bond issue with $150 million of debt outstanding to Goldman Sachs & co.'s periodic auction-rate securities. Refinancing of the 1996 bonds for Memphis-Shelby County Airport.
- N.Y. MTA to Sell $650M Next Month. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/22/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32634, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell $650 million of bonds on its bridge and tunnel and revenue credits in New York. According to finance director Kenneth Lind, MTA plans to sell $225 million of bond on June 11, 2007 to fund bridge and tunnel...
- Third Quarter Slow; DLJ Still in Lead. // High Yield Report;10/12/98, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p11
Presents information on the performance of bond issues for the third quarter of 1998. Details on the performance of several major underwriters in the industry; Information on the Goldman Sachs company; In-depth look at statistics from the Securities Data Co.
- Tennessee Heads to Market With $110 Million GO Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p36
The article reports on the deal to sell the general obligation (GO) of Tennessee following an upgrade of its GO bond rating by two rating companies, Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. Under the deal, the GOs will be sold with Public Financial Management Inc. as the financial adviser...
- Finance Authority of Maine to Sell $140M of Education Bonds. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;5/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32630, p6
The article reports on the plan of Finance Authority of Maine to sell $140 million of education loan revenue bonds where Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP will act bond counsel. The agency will use about $11 million of the proceeds to refund outstanding subordinate debt which was sold in 2003 and...