Ballpark Plans Advance
- Milwaukee ballpark agency to issue $42 million to cover crane accident costs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/25/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30712, p3
Reports that the Southeastern Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District's finance committee is seeking board approval to sell sales tax-backed revenue bonds for the construction of the Milwaukee Brewers' ballpark. Coverage of costs from a fatal crane accident.
- Atlanta Braves Strike Tentative Deal To Build New Ballpark. Judy, Scott // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/25/2013, Vol. 272 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the pending deal of the Atlanta Braves baseball team to build a 672 million dollar ballpark in Cobb County, Georgia subject to approval by Cobb County commissioners. Details indicate the financial terms of the deal that cover bond repayment and taxes. Representatives of...
- Atlanta Braves Stadium Bonds Appealed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The article focuses on three appeals filed against the Atlanta Braves baseball team's new the Major League Baseball stadium. It informs that Cobb County, Georgia Judge Robert Leonard has issued a ruling on July 25, 2014 validating the bonds that will partially finance the new facility. It...
- New Hotel Won't Fix Tax Shortfall. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the San Diego Padres baseball team in San Diego, California is boosting the number of hotel rooms to be built in the ballpark redevelopment district. Source of funds for repaying the bonds the city plans to issue for its share of the ballpark; Concern over the declining growth rate...
- Big Apple could feed three teams. Rosenthal, Ken // Sporting News;5/5/2003, Vol. 227 Issue 18, p42
Focuses on the possible completion of construction of a baseball park in New York State, by the year 2008. Location of the park; Reasons behind construction of the park; Disadvantages for the U.S. baseball team The Yankees from construction of the park.
- Debt Sale, Long-Term Lease Key Plan for St. Louis Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31100, p5
Reports that the Greater Saint Louis Sports Authority would issue 250 million dollars of bonds to help finance construction of a ballpark. Structure of the bonds; Other sources of financing.
- What Hartford Stadium Bonds Offer Risk-Tolerant Investors. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;10/21/2016, p4
The article focuses on the bonds formed by the Hartford Stadium Authority, Hartford, Connecticut for the construction of baseball field allowing investments with no guarantee for repayment.
- Plan to Sell Phoenix Ballpark Has Struck Out. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;11/23/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34617, p3
The article informs that plan of Maricopa County, Arizona, to sell the bond-financed Chase Field baseball stadium appears dead after the real estate firm had expressed interest in the deal.
- Fishing for Information. Cohen, Andrew // Athletic Business;Jan2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p19
The article offers information on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of the deal of the Miami Marlins baseball team with officials from Miami City and Miami-Dade County for the construction of a ballpark. It focuses on the evaluation of violations to security laws of the...