Resident Property Tax Cut
- A very bad tax proposal. // Business News New Jersey;02/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Editorial. Focuses on a real property tax proposal in New Jersey. Option of the municipalities to change the property tax rates; Impact on the business community.
- Govt plans sellers tax for homeowners. // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p7
Reports on the plan of the British government to tax property owners when selling their homes. Purpose of the move; Implications of the sellers tax.
- We care, but not that much. Dimond, Kathy // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the implications of the introduction of a new tax system in Oregon. Concerns on the system's volatility; Decline in property taxes; Backdoor benefits provided by the passage of tax credit legislation; Recommendations for lifelong learning tax credit.
- Land Valuation. // Assessment Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p70
Lists court cases regarding land valuation. Details on the case of Chase vs. Town of Machiasport, regarding classification of shorefront property; Information on the court case of Grundy County National Bank vs. Appeal Board, regarding platting and subdivision of land; Information on the case...
- INCOME TAX - Transactions in Property. // Accountancy;Aug1968, Vol. 79 Issue 900, p553
Discusses a British court decision on whether certain transactions in property rendered the taxpayer assessable to tax as a property dealer. Facts of the case; Legal issues raised; Summary of the judgment.
- Some Uncertainties About the Desirability of Site Value Taxation. Schaaf, A.H. // Appraisal Journal;Oct71, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p609
Discusses several uncertainties about the desirability of site value taxation. Arguments that underlie the uncertainty of the merits of site value taxation; Benefits of a neutral tax; Distributional effects of site value taxation.
- Uplift tax: it's only a proposal. Lyford, Tim // Estates Gazette;10/26/2002, Issue 243, p191
Comments on the proposed changes to the tax system in Great Britain. Concerns of property companies regarding the tax reform; Aim of the proposal.
- A Modest Proposal on Property Taxes. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;1/13/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Editorial. Comments on the administration of real property taxes in New Jersey. Issues regarding the validity of property taxes; Reasons for relying on real property taxation; Opposition to how property taxes are imposed.
- Hotel owners shouldn't pay real-estate taxes on business value. Belfrage, Eric // Hotel & Motel Management;3/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 4, p10
Comments on the real-estate tax payments of hotel owners. Classification of hotels under the property-taxing jurisdictions; Exemption for the taxation of intangible assets; Impact of appropriate allocation of non-real estate items to tax savings.