Indiana Plan to Lease Toll Road Heads to Senate, Slightly Tweaked
- Indiana Officials Giddy Over $3.85B State Tollway Contract. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p1
The article reports that Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels has selected the Statewide Mobility Partners consortium to maintain and operate the Indiana Toll Road for 75 years. The consortium, made up of Spain-based Cintra and Australia-based Macquarie Infrastructure Group, bid $3.85 billion for the...
- Innovative financing at work: The Dulles Greenway. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/18/94, Vol. 232 Issue 16, Intelligent highway... p12
Discusses the financing of the Dulles Greenway, an extension to the Dulles Toll Road in Virginia. Scheduled completion; Revenue projections; Finance history; Passage of the Virginia Highway Incorporation Act of 1988; Formation of the Toll Road Investors Partnership (TRIP II); Environmental...
- Discussing the future of toll roads in Texas. Nichols, Robert // Malakoff News (TX);3/16/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p4A
The article discusses the monopolistic system in the toll road industry of Texas, as well as a proposed bill that aims to bring regulatory reforms in the industry.
- Toll Roads on the Table. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/7/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33496, p9
The article reports that Alabama lawmakers are considering the broader use of tolls to build roads in the state and replace the potential loss of 150 million dollars in federal funds.
- Eurovignette directive could become law by autumn. // Commercial Motor;5/5/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5431, p9
The article reports that the Eurovignette Directive which entails road toll prices for the haulage industry could become law in Great Britain.
- Indiana Legislature Expected to Vote on Controversial Toll Road Bill Today. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p30
The article reports on the vote by the Indiana legislature on a bill detailing the lease of the Indiana Toll Road for 3.85 billion dollars. Lawmakers have compromised on several sticking points in separate versions pass in the House and Senate. The compromise came after lawmakers in the southern...
- Bill Calls for Limiting Foreign Ownership of Infrastructure. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p40
The article reports that approval of legislation prohibiting foreign ownership of infrastructure in the United States will stop the spending of foreign companies that have been eyeing long-term lease concession deals for toll roads in the country. There however appears to be little support for...
- For Illinois Tollway, Delaying Repairs Is No Longer an Option. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p30
Reports on the hearings conducted by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority over the proposed toll increase in the state. Financing for the upgrades and repairs of the state's mile system; Requirement of an independent engineering firm to review the status of the system; Details of the...
- Construction begins on Chicago area toll road project. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner Blog;6/ 5/2013, p9
The article reports that according to "Tollroads News," Illinois Tollway has received final approvals from the state legislature for the construction of the Elgin O'Hare Western Access project that will connect the Addams Interstate-90 and the Tristate Interstate-294 Tollways.