Directionless Munis End Week Flat to a Touch Lower
- Municipals, Treasuries Weaken As Durable Goods Surge. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the U.S. on April 23, 2004. Decline in the Treasury market; Rise in durable goods orders; Statements by Dreyfus Corp.'s economist Richard Hoey on sustainable economic growth and corporate spending on capital goods; Outflows of municipal bonds,...
- Another Down Day for Munis on Decent Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/27/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32369, p2
The article focuses on the condition of New York City's municipal bond market. The industry declined as many investors tend to capitulate on the market due to strong new-home sales and durable goods data. Traders observations for the causes of the decline in bond market include low in bond...
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...
- Municipal Yields Fall; $444 Million Of N.Y.C. TFA'S Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p2
Reports on the reduction in municipal bond yields between three and five basis points in the U.S. on October 25, 2002. Two-day retail order period on 444 million dollars of New York City Transitional Finance Authority future-tax-secured bonds; Decline in durable goods orders; Other retail orders.
- Munis Slightly Weaker as Treasuries Show Losses. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32621, p2
The article reports developments in the U.S. municipal market on November 28, 2007. According to the report, the municipal market was slightly weaker, following the Treasury market, and the traders found higher tax-exempt yields by one or two basis points. It shows that the durable goods orders...
- Munis End Session Little Changed; Massachusetts Agency Sells $425M. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Price of the offering from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Decline in durable goods orders; Indication of repricing the deal offered by the New Jersey Transit Corp.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, August 24. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Presents charts depicting economic indicators, including durable goods, new home sales, government securities prices, and municipal bond index in the U.S. as of August 24, 2005.
- Munis Unchanged With Slightly Weaker Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market as consumer confidence data generated little market movement in the U.S. Some losses were shown in trades by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. A 3.1 percent rise durable goods and a 2.2 percent growth in gross domestic...
- Market Close: BofA's Fischer Weighs Trend as Munis Beat Treasuries. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;12/25/2013, p1
The article focuses on the analysis of the trends of the municipal bonds in the market by Phil Fischer of Bank of America. It mentions that the municipal bonds have beaten the Federal Reserve Treasuries. It presents views of Fischer on economic data such as the durable goods report, increase in...