- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p4
Presents a chart depicting â€œThe Bond Buyerâ€ legislative status reports in the U.S. Legislation; Current law; Proposed law.
- Orange County, Calif., road merger bond plan on hold. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p33
Reports on the postponement of a plan to sell bonds to facilitate the merger of two Orange County, California toll road systems. Reasons behind the postponement of the plan; Results of the visit of the boards of the San Joaquin Hills Corridor Agency and the Foothill/Eastern Transportation...
- New $299 Million Road Bond Plan Surfaces in Virginia Legislature. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p4
The article reports on the introduction of a legislation that will authorize Virginia's Commonwealth Transportation Board to use revenue bonds for road projects. The legislation was introduced by Delegate Charles W. Carrico Sr. Proceeds from the sale of the revenue bonds will finance four...
- Idaho Legislators, Governor Clash Over Garvee Bond Bill. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p1
Reports that a battle over Garvee bond bill has thrown the legislature into turmoil in Idaho. Plan of Gov. Dirk Kempthorne on "Connecting Idaho" as the centerpiece of the 2005 agenda; Objection of speaker Bruce Newcomb to the governor's plan; Assertion of the governor on the advantage of the...
- Rep. Bliley may cause delay to muni utility bond bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30675, p5
Reports on the proposed Bond Fairness and Protection Act bill in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Sale of tax-exempt bonds for distribution and transmission facilities.
- La. lawmaker's bills take aim at LPFA student-loan bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p3
Reports on bills related to bonds in Louisiana as of April 6, 1999. Louisiana Public Facilities Authority's student-loan bonds; Pension obligation bonds; Debt referendum requirements.
- California bills would change school bonds' voting rules. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30537, p1
Reports that California legislators have introduced half-dozen major bond-related bills. Bond issues proposed; State general obligation park bond; Lowering of the voter threshold for local school bonds.
- Arkansas Lawmakers to Consider Bond-Influencing Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p3
Reports on bond-influencing deals in Arkansas. Raising taxes at the state level; Retainment of public school teachers; Details of constitutional amendments proposed.
- Texas Lawmakers to Consider Bonds for Highways, Hospitals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p36
Reports on a proposed bond legislation in Texas. Spending estimates for prisons and medical care; Payment of the state for highway construction; Effects of economic growth on entities providing health services to indigent and uninsured Texans.