LAO, Angelides Hit Governor's Growth Plan
- Governor Rolls the Dice With Various Budget Deals. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p21
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget deals. Pending compact with state Indian tribes; Uses from projected surplus revenues; Comments of state Treausrer Phil Angelides on Schwarzenegger's budget strategy.
- Governor-Elect Sharpening Budget Knives. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p4
Focuses on the plans of improving state budgets by the elected governors of Kansas and Oklahoma. Elected and outgoing governors of the states; Shortfall in the budget of Kansas; State agencies of Oklahoma to cut down their budgets.
- No-Projects Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p33
Reports on the proposal by the governor of Kentucky, Paul Patton to issue multi-million dollar bonds in his budget despite a shortfall in revenue faced by the state. Shortfall in revenue in million dollars; Authorized debts of the state for capital and community projects; Plans of Patton...
- Fixing America. // Human Events;5/16/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p12
An introduction to articles on U.S. governors who have been able to balance state budgets, control spending and expand businesses is presented.
- Angelides Stresses Infrastructure Investment, Corporate Responsibility. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p30
Reports the views of state Treasurer Phil Angelides on issues related to the state budget in California. Infrastructure investment; Development of strategy to deal with budget deficits; Significance of the terrorist attacks.
- Barbour Proposes 2.4% Increase to Mississippi's Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p7
The article gives information about Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, who is recommending a 2.4% increase in the 2006 state budget. He said he would continue to implement government reform and streamlining measures while funding a $4.53 billion spending plan without raising taxes. Barbour...
- Budget Battle Becomes Food Fight, Complete With Cheesecake. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p36
Reports that the budget battle in California turned into a food fight. Visit of Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to San Diego for a lunchtime appearance; Negotiation of Schwarzenegger with the Legislature on the budget; Criticism of Democratic Treasurer Phil Angelides on Schwarzenegger.
- Cave-in. // Orange County Business Journal;3/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p75
Comments on the state spending, oppositions of the state budget and the governor in California.
- Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty Outlines Plan to Eliminate Projected Shortfall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p29
The article reports on the plan to cut spending in Minnesota which was outlined by Governor Tim Pawlenty. The spending is dip into reserves to eliminate a projected $935 million shortfall in the state's current two-budget cycle. Pawlenty explained that the plan balances the budget without adding...