LAO, Angelides Hit Governor's Growth Plan
- Governor Rolls the Dice With Various Budget Deals. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p21
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget deals. Pending compact with state Indian tribes; Uses from projected surplus revenues; Comments of state Treausrer Phil Angelides on Schwarzenegger's budget strategy.
- No-Projects Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p33
Reports on the proposal by the governor of Kentucky, Paul Patton to issue multi-million dollar bonds in his budget despite a shortfall in revenue faced by the state. Shortfall in revenue in million dollars; Authorized debts of the state for capital and community projects; Plans of Patton...
- Governor-Elect Sharpening Budget Knives. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p4
Focuses on the plans of improving state budgets by the elected governors of Kansas and Oklahoma. Elected and outgoing governors of the states; Shortfall in the budget of Kansas; State agencies of Oklahoma to cut down their budgets.
- Fixing America. // Human Events;5/16/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p12
An introduction to articles on U.S. governors who have been able to balance state budgets, control spending and expand businesses is presented.
- Angelides Stresses Infrastructure Investment, Corporate Responsibility. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p30
Reports the views of state Treasurer Phil Angelides on issues related to the state budget in California. Infrastructure investment; Development of strategy to deal with budget deficits; Significance of the terrorist attacks.
- Barbour Proposes 2.4% Increase to Mississippi's Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p7
The article gives information about Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, who is recommending a 2.4% increase in the 2006 state budget. He said he would continue to implement government reform and streamlining measures while funding a $4.53 billion spending plan without raising taxes. Barbour...
- Budget Battle Becomes Food Fight, Complete With Cheesecake. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p36
Reports that the budget battle in California turned into a food fight. Visit of Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to San Diego for a lunchtime appearance; Negotiation of Schwarzenegger with the Legislature on the budget; Criticism of Democratic Treasurer Phil Angelides on Schwarzenegger.
- Davis Takes GOP to Task On Budget. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p1
Focuses on efforts made by California Governor Gray Davis to pass the budget for fiscal year 2004. Proposition of cuts for education from kindergarten to colleges by republicans in the budget; Provisions under the fiscal budget.
- Arizona GOP Seeks Overturn of Governor's Line-Item Budget Vetoes. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p32
Reports that Arizona's lawmakers are seeking to court to overturn Governor Janet Napolitano's use of line-item vetoes to restore funding to the state's budget. Overview of vetoes that are facing challenges; Efforts made by the legislature to overcome revenue shortfall in the fiscal 2004.