Florida Firm Broad and Cassel Launches Public Finance Group
- Nassau County, N.Y., Readies First of Four Expected Ban Sales for 2007. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p6
The article reports on the plan of New York's Nassau County to competitively sell $88.4 million of bond anticipation notes (Ban) on January 16, 2007. The deal could be the first of quarterly Ban sales totaling $200 million in 2007. The proceeds will be used to finance various ongoing capital...
- Return to Negotiation. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p9
The article reports on Hawaii County, Hawaii's return to the negotiated market on January 10, 2007 with the pricing of nearly $120 million of general obligation bonds by A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. The bonds' yields ranged from 3.66 percent on those maturing in 2010 to 4.41 percent on those...
- Aquarium GOs for Expansion. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p9
The article reports on Seattle, Washington's plan to issue general obligation bonds for a $41 million expansion project scheduled for completion in June 2007. The Seattle Aquarium Society is expecting to receive up to $6.3 million in general obligation bond proceeds. The expected general...
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Face $60M Taxable Deal for Hangars. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p36
The article reports on the Oklahoma Senate's plan to consider a bill that would authorize the sale of taxable bonds to help build and equip two aircraft maintenance hangars at Tulsa International Airport for American Airlines. The Oklahoma Development Finance Authority would issue the bonds...
- West Virginia May Explore Tobacco Bond Sale to Fund Pension, OPEB Liabilities. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p3
The article reports on the possibility that West Virginia officials may re-examine the sale of tobacco settlement bonds to help settle its unfunded pension and other post-employment benefits liabilities. According to an administrative spokesman, the administration would reconsider the idea if...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p7
A graph is presented illustrating average yield on seven-day high-grade variable-rate demand obligations as compiled by Municipal Market Data.
- Munis Start Off Improved and a Bit Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/31/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33089, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. for March 30, 2009. It states that the municipal market was slightly firmer, opening the week which improved after the deluge of new-issue supply pushed yields increased to a degree. According to traders, tax-exempt yields...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32986, p7
Several charts are presented depicting derivatives and structured products in the U.S. including SIFMA, index-linked municipal bond swaps and swap rates.
- MONDAY'S YIELD. // Bond Buyer;4/7/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33093, p1
Two charts are presented depicting the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. for April 7, 2009.