Silverdome Plan Withdrawn
- Award nears for Ardiya stadium project. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/16/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the approval of a proposal to allocate an additional budget for the construction of Shaikh Jaber al-Ahmed international stadium in Kuwait. Bidders for the stadium project; Features of the stadium.
- DSC kicks off stadia plans. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/9/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p19
Reports on a contract to build the first of four stadia planned at the Dubai Sports City in the United Arab Emirates. Description of the proposed stadia; Contractors selected for the construction of the stadia; Details of the project.
- Interserve comes first in Wales stadium race. Warner, Brain // Contract Journal;8/13/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6439, p9
Reports on the selection of Interserve as the preferred contractor of the City and County of Swansea in Wales for the design and construction of the Morfa sports stadium in 2003. Value of the contract; Highlights of the deal; Plan of Capital & Regional to build a retail and leisure complex near...
- Baseball stadium developers seek construction bids. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;10/15/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p2
The article reports that developers of an independent baseball stadium in Waterford Township, Michigan, are planning to seek construction bids by February 2008 and want to start construction by June 2008. The 3,944-seat stadium would be built on 10 acres at the corner of Summit Drive and Mall...
- A bridge too far? Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/24/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6435, p50
Australian building giant Multiplex is in a potentially damaging dispute with the British company that built the Sydney Harbour Bridge. John Roberts is at the eye of a storm over a huge contract held by his Multiplex Group, the prestigious $1.9bn redevelopment of London's Wembley Stadium....
- Tune in, Sports Fans. Horwitz-Bennett, Barbara // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jun2006, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the strong demand for construction of sports complexes in the U.S. Several sports projects by the Kansas City, MO, firm Crawford Cannon Design, are coming up including the design of a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings, and the Seattle Seahawks' Qwest Field, which...
- 315-Meter-Span Roof Arch Pivoted into Place in London. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/21/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 25, p16
Strand jacks with, 12,000 tonnes of pulling power have just raised a 1,750-tonne arch to be the main roof support for Great Britain's new national soccer stadium. Claimed as the world's longest roof structure, Wembley Stadium's 315-meterspan arch in London, England will continue pivoting to its...
- Medical mart developer's opt-out right may be costly. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p1
The article reports that the commissioners of Cuyahoga County, Ohio, have signed an agreement with Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. for the creation of a trade show complex in Cleveland, Ohio. On the basis of the agreement, the county should avoid responsibility for covering the kind of costly...
- Marlins Boss Rejects Miami Offer to Build New Stadium Near Orange Bowl. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31843, p7
Focuses on the rejection of Miami offer to Florida Marlins president David Samson to build a ballpark. Negotiations for the construction of stadium; Worth of the contract; Capacity of the stadium.