- Inflation fears could end up sabotaging New York issues. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30642, p30
Discusses the market outlook for two upgraded New York City issuers preparing to sell bonds in May 1999. Metropolitan Transportation Authority's dedicated gas tax bonds; Thruway Authority's highway and bridge debt.
- NJ. Set to Move Forward With $489M Transportation Deal. D'Ambrosio, Jill; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p3
Reports on the plan of the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority to price its transportation system bonds. Rating of the new deal by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Inc.; Appropriation of funds that will secure the new fixed-rate bonds by the state Legislature; Maturation of...
- Settlement Allows Arkansas Hospital Bonds to Stay Tax-Exempt. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p5
The article gives information about the Arkansas Hospital Equipment Financing Authority, which has reached a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to protect the tax-exempt status of a $51 million pooled variable-rate bond deal that was alleged to have violated the arbitrage rules...
- TBMA's Vogt Suggests Issuers Push for Arbitrage-Rebate Relief. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p7
Reports that Bond Market Association Senior Vice President John Vogt has called for a relief from arbitrage rebate for bond issues in the United States. Difficulty of persuading the US Congress to pass legislation to soften arbitrage rebate requirements; Need for arbitrage-relief for school...
- The Determinants of Yield Spreads on U.S. and Eurobonds. Finnerty, J. E.; Nunn, k. P. // Management International Review (MIR);1985, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p23
The article analyzes the relationship between interest rates in the Eurobond market and comparable rates in the U.S. bond market and examines determinants of Eurobond rates by looking at the pricing and characteristics of individual issues. Under the pure arbitrage argument, equally risky...
- Florida Approves $130M of Debt for Tampa Expressway. Shigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p4
Reports on the approval of the sale of revenue bonds for the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority by the Florida cabinet. Role of the cabinet in approving the state's debt sales; Significance of the sale to complete the project.
- Washington liquor Control Board Tapping Market for $17M. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32484, p3
The article reports on the enlistment of the Washington Liquor Control Board in the competitive sales of bonds by offering $17.1 million worth of certificates of participation in the bond market in the U.S. in the third week of October 2006. The Liquor Control Board wants to double the capacity...
- N.Y. Authorities Board OKs $520 Million of State Agency Deals. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p40
Reports on the approval for the sale of state agency bonds by the New York Public Authorities Control Board in New York. Number of deals approved by the board; Amount of bonds expected to be sold during a three-month period; Value of bond deals executed for the year 2004.
- North Carolina Agency to Sell $397 Million for Student Loans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p38
Reports on the sale of guaranteed student loan revenue bonds by the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority. Proceeds of the sale; Schedule of the sale; Selection of McNair Law Firm company as the bond counsel of the sale.