Utah House Ready to Vote On Toll Road Legislation
- Public-Private Partnerships Advance in Maryland. Parsons, Jim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/2/2012, Vol. 269, p1
The article discusses a bill being considered by the Maryland state legislature, called P3, that would authorize the use of private financing for public works, expanding public-private partnerships on state infrastructure and facilities.
- Mississippi Tolling. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/5/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32602, p1
The article reports on the groundbreaking bill passed by the Mississippi Legislature that allows the state and local governments to build toll roads and bridges either on their own or using public-private partnerships. The bill would give the Mississippi Transportation Commission, county boards...
- Taking a toll. Brock, Ed // American City & County;Sep2007, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the decision of state governments in the U.S. to use public-private partnership (PPP), toll roads and other alternative funding schemes to fund transportation projects. According to the Federal Highway Administration, 21 states allow the use of PPP to fund transportation...
- The Highway 407 Story. Fitz-James, Michael // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2001, Vol. 11 Issue 116, pBWB16
Features the story about the Ontario government's sale of the toll roadway Highway 407 to a private consortium. End of a decade-long public-private partnership (PPP) that built and financed the highway; Example of a successful PPP.
- Minnesota law promotes public-private partnership for toll roads. // Public Roads;Autumn93, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on a Minnesota law that provides for agreements between highway authorities and private companies for the development of toll roads. Build-operate-transfer (BOT) arrangement; Build-transfer-operate (BTO) arrangement; Requirement for state and municipal officials' approval of development...
- State DOTs Oppose P3 Limits In Senate Transportation Bill. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/2/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33689, p17
The article reports on the move of an organization of state departments to confederate in advocating the House Republican leadership to oppose the Public Private Partnerships (P3) limits in the Senate transportation bill in the U.S.
- Fast-Rail P3 Bill Passes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/25/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33523, p9
The article discusses the proposed legislative bill by the Illinois General Assembly which aims to create public-private partnership for financing, construction, and operation of a high-speed rail system and establishment of the Midwest Illinois High Speed Rail Commission.
- Bill seeks inclusion of domestic partners. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/3/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the formulation of a legislative bill for the inclusion of domestic partners in the business and corporate cooperation in New York. Authors of the Equal Benefits Bill; Extension of the 1998 Municipal Domestic Partnership bill; Provisions of the legislation.
- South Carolina's public-private road: A model partnership, or critics' target? Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p1
Focuses on criticisms raised against the planned toll road that South Carolina considers a model for public-private partnerships. Background on the $200 million `Southern Connector' project in Greenville; Expectations for the planned sale of tax-exempt revenue bonds worth $240 million;...