FOMC on Jan. 31: Hikes to Continue
- Timber price takes forestry profits to new heights. // Farmers Weekly;6/30/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 26, p24
The article reports on increased returns from forestry due to rising timber prices in Great Britain. Investors saw a 14.4% return on their money, according to the Investment Property Databank Forestry Index. Medium-term returns from forestry have outperformed British bonds over three years and...
- Monetary Policy and Long-Term Real Rates. // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;2012, p1
The article discusses the impact of changes in monetary policy on long-term real interest rates. It is stated that a 100 basis-point (bp) increase in the 2-year nominal yield on a Federal Open Markets Committee (FOMC) announcement day is associated with a 42 bp increase in the 10-year forward...
- Long-Term Volume Hits $96.6B, Setting New First-Quarter Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32102, p1
The article reports that long-term municipal bonds hit $96.6 billion in 3,093 issues setting new first-quarter record. The expectations of higher rate increases convinced issuers to refund their bonds. A significant percentage of the total increase in the first quarter of 2005 came from...
- PORTFOLIO SUBSTITUTABILITY, REGULATIONS, AND MONETARY POLICY. Silber, Wiliam L. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May69, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p197
The article examines the importance of substitutability among assets for the efficacy of monetary policy in the U.S. The impact of monetary policy on the real sector is crucially dependent upon the degree of substitutability between all kinds of assets in the public's portfolio. The channels...
- FOMC cuts funds rate, discount rate 0.25%. Selway, William // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p2
Announces the decision of the Federal Open Market Committee to lower federal fund rates. Percent decline; Reason for decision; Market expectations regarding rate decline.
- FOMC makes no change in interest rates. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p2
Reports that the United States Federal Open Market Committee has made no changes in short-term interest rates as the Fed's two-day policy session ended on February 3, 1999.
- Yield Indexes Mixed Following FOMC Move, Storm News. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32224, p35
Reports on the mixture of yield indexes in the aftermath of the Federal Open Market Committee's increase of the overnight lending rate in the U.S. Predictions that the committee may slow its rate for damage inflicted on the economies of Gulf region; Effect of the damages caused on the national...
- Puerto Rico Will Price $540M in GOs. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p1
Forecast on the price increase in uninsured long-term general obligation bonds in Puerto Rico. Positive performance in the triple-tax-exempt bond deal; Plan of the state to issue taxable bonds intended for the Puerto Rico residents; Price of the money general obligations.
- Treasuries Fall, Muni Prices Mixed; Light Calendar, Fed Meeting Ahead. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p2
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market on May 15, 2000. Light trading in municipals; Price volatility in United States Treasury bonds; Weakness in the government market; Dollar bond trading; Anticipation of the Federal Open Market Committee meeting in May 16.