Munis End Little Changed Despite FOMC Minutes
- Munis Finish Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p2
The article reports on the unfavorable yield of the municipal bond market in the U.S. It notes that municipal bonds finished next to treasury bonds which yielded only at 3.94% on July 16, 2008. The two-year municipal bond likewise finished at 2.44% after opening at 2.37. Meanwhile, pricing...
- Munis Weaker, Especially on Long End. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/4/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the weak municipal bond market despite the moderate trading activity in the U.S. The triple-A municipal bond scale was at 83.8 percent compared to the Treasuries and 30-year municipal at 102.6 percent. The 30-year tax-exempt triple-A general obligation bonds were at 107.5...
- Attention Shifts to Primary as Bigger Deals Price. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/3/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33791, p2
The article offers information on the strength of tax-exempt bonds of several organizations including Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and RBC Capital Markets Corp. It mentions that new deals are coming in the market which will reduce the price...
- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p43
Provides information on bond rates of municipal markets and currency prices in the U.S. as of October 31, 2001. Statistics on bond rates and currency prices.
- Bond Buyer Indexes. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p40
Presents charts providing information on the U.S. weekly average municipal bond yields of 2001, monthwise. Revenue bond ratings.
- L.A. set to issue wastewater bonds. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p2
Focuses on Los Angeles, California's plan to issue wastewater system revenue refunding bonds to dealers. Strong demand for new-issue paper; Bond rating by Fitch IBCA Inc.
- Services increase Wayne County's bond ratings. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;07/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p48
Reports on the upgrading of Wayne County's general obligation bond rating by three Wall Street investor services. Advantages of the upgrading; Beneficiaries of the proceeds from the series of A bonds and B bonds.
- New Haven, Conn., Sets GOs Amid Negative Outlooks. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/2/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33758, p3
The article focuses on the negative outlook towards the sales of general obligation bonds in New Haven, Connecticut by major rating agencies including Standard and Poor's Corp., Fitch Ratings Ltd. and Moody's investment Service.
- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p36
Presents charts providing information regarding statistics of the U.S. bond market on Municipal Bond Index as of December 21, 2001. Average dollar price of bonds; Daily ratings; Weekly ratings.