PFM's Curry Crosses Over
- Why Not a Market-Driven Housing Solution? Hollon, John // San Diego Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p46
Editorial. Comments on the City Council's decision not to earmark funds from a potential increase in the transit occupancy tax for affordable housing in San Diego, California. Former San Diego city manager Jack McGrory's criticism of the City Council's decision; Problem with affordable housing...
- Oldham faces new riot threat. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p17
Reports on the reaction of the Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council to a working paper on public finances released on October 2003 in England. Warning posed to the council of the possible racial disturbances within the area; Identification of areas of consideration which Oldham is facing;...
- Welsh Affairs Select Committee to investigate Denbighshire. // Public Finance;02/26/99, p11
Reports that the Welsh Affairs Select Committee at the House of Commons plans to examine the financial affairs of the city council in Denbighshire, Wales. Debt resulting from a reorganization by the former Rhuddlan Borough Council; Proposal to set date for an oral hearing if warranted.
- Mancunian councils prepare to join forces. Brown, Steve // Public Finance;07/23/99, p9
Reports on Manchester, England, councils' plan to join forces in bringing together financial services across 13 authorities. Study conducted on the feasibility of the joint provision of a range of services; Benefits expected from the partnership.
- ARIZONA: Phoenix Cuts, Lays Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports on the approval of a budget-balancing plan by Phoenix, Arizona City Council for fiscal 2011, which calls for 64 million dollars in reduced spending and the elimination of 520 city positions.
- City 'considers options' in budget cutbacks. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;1/13/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p7
Reports on the state budget reductions of the city council in Tucson, Arizona. Proposal of eliminating the downtown grant program for businesses; Relocation of the Office of Economic Development and Tucson-Mexico Trade Office to the city hall; Retrenchment of public employees.
- Towns demand a reallocation of funds. // Public Finance;10/02/98, p8
Reports that urban councils are lobbying the government for almost one billion sterling pounds of funding allocated to rural authorities and the London Boroughs in England. Redistribution in the Standard Spending Assessment to metropolitan and unitary authorities.
- The Trading Floor. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p6
Reports on developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2004. Election of Keith Curry as president of the National Association of Independent Public Finance Advisors; Appointment of Lita Ho as director of Loop Capital Markets.
- Year-End Deadline for Authorization of D.C. Ballpark Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p36
Reports on the financing plan of the city council for the construction of baseball stadium in Washington D.C. Issuance of revenue bonds; Payment of the bonds with funds collected from three revenue streams; Allocation of budget into a general contingency reserve for capital improvements to the...