S.F. Hospital Not on Ballot
- San Francisco Debuts Hospital Bond Proposal; Supervisors OK Airport Deal. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p3
The article focuses on the proposal forwarded by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom to the Board of Supervisors to use $887.4 million of general obligation bonds in rebuilding San Francisco General Hospital in California. Accordingly, the Board has already approved the $25 million in funds for...
- Bar Area Water Balloon. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p1
Reports that San Francisco, California Mayor Gavin Newsom has urged President Bush to reconsider a huge increase proposed for the Bay Area's cost to use water from the Hetch Hetchy reservoir in Northern California's Yosemite Valley. City and county voters approval of a multibillion bond plan to...
- CALIFORNIA: S.F.OKs Hospital GO Vote. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32921, p9
The article reports on the approval of San Francisco Board of Supervisors to an $887 million general obligation bond measure that would pay to rebuild the San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center if approved by voters in California. It is noted that Mayor Gavin Newsom has merited the...
- San Francisco, Pentagon to meet on possible Treasure Island deal. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;12/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 148, p8
The article reports on the scheduled meeting between San Francisco, California Mayor Gavin Newsom and two high-level Pentagon officials Ray Mabus, secretary of the Navy, and Dorothy Robyn, deputy undersecretary of Defense for Installations and Environment, due to possible Treasure Island deal.
- A look at Mayor Newsom. Friday, Wayne // Bay Area Reporter;3/25/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p9
Focuses on the political career of mayor Gavin Newsom in San Francisco, California. Leadership demonstrated by spearheading passage of bond issues to improve Muni and the city parks; Political risk taken by authorizing same-sex marriages; Reaction of Democratic Party leaders on his actions.
- San Francisco Controller Urges Scaling Down Hospital Project. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32182, p4
Reports that San Francisco Controller Ed Harrington released a report urging the city to scale down the voter-approved reconstruction plans for the Laguna Honda long-term care hospital. Suggestion to use the generated savings to purchase other long-term care services; Report that was completed...
- In the Hotels, Si Se Puede! Bacon, David // Social Policy;Fall2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p37
This article focuses on a union labor settlement by San Francisco, California hotel workers in which wages will rise and the big hotel chains will have to pay retroactive wages. The battle between the hotels and the union, Local 2, is discussed. The role of the Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin...
- CALIFORNIA: San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom sworn in for second term. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/17/2008, Issue 1047, p22
The article reports on the second term of Gavin Newsom as mayor of San Francisco, California, emphasizing his new platform.
- Gavin Newsom lunch fund-raiser. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/16/2006, Issue 951, p21
The article presents the fund raising event hosted by the Newsom Leadership Advisory Council, honoring San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsom, held at Martinis Above Fourth in San Diego, California.