University of Texas System Approves Austin Stadium Expansion, Hotel Deal
- Southwest Hospitality. Preston, Darrell; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/23/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30897, p1
Reports on the focus of several Southwest cities in the United States on the convention center hotel business. Bond financing for the construction of the hotels; Need for tax-exempt financing.
- Tax Proposals Under Consideration for Birmingham Stadium Complex. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p3
No abstract available.
- Judge to Decide Fate of Florida Convention Center Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p3
Reports that a circuit court judge will decide whether Osceola County, Florida can sell revenue bonds and begin construction of the World Expo Center. Financing package; Legal challenges from the state attorney's office; Issuance of the debt as special assessment bonds; Florida Supreme Court's...
- Iowa County Officials to Propose $70 Million Issue for Convention Center. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31002, p5
Reports on the plan of Polk County, Iowa to issue 70 million dollars of bonds to pay for its share of a convention center. Structure of the bonds; Sale of naming rights and premium seating.
- After Delay, Lancaster County, Pa., Agency to Remarket Convention Center Bonds. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p5
Reports on the sale of taxable bonds as tax-exempt securities to fund part of the convention center project by the Lancaster County Convention Center Authority in Pennsylvania. Revitalization of the downtown Lancaster; Funding mechanism for the hotel and convention center; Eligibility of the...
- Nebraska may offer compromise in Omaha arena project. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30606, p4
Focuses on Nebraska lawmakers' development of a plan that would enable the city of Omaha to keep most of the revenue generated by a new convention center to pay debt service on the construction bonds. Amount of revenue the city could retain for debt service; Need to establish a criteria for...
- Nashville OKs New Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/21/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33253, p1
The article reports on the approval of the construction of a new convention center in Nashville, Tennessee. It mentions that the consolidated government leaders have voted for the approval of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County's public works project on January 19, 2010....
- Nebraska governor signs off on Omaha convention center funds. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p45
Reports that Nebraska Governor Mike Johanns has signed a bill approving up to $75 million of state funding for a bond-backed convention center for Omaha, Nebraska. Identification of taxes generated by the convention center; Refusal of the Nebraska Legislature to allow Omaha residents to vote on...
- UCLA Planning a Bond-Backed Hotel-Conference Center. Webster, Keeley // National Mortgage News;11/28/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p15
The article reports that the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is planning to construct a 152 million dollars on-campus hotel and conference center to be funded by a 112 million dollars of bonds and a 40 million dollars of donation.