Jobless Claims Rise 4,000 to 277,000
- Jobless Claims Down 6,000 to 310,000. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Up 18,000 to 369,000. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p2
Reports on the increase of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. Decrease in the number of continued benefits; Growth in the unadjusted initial claims; Observation of the largest increase in initial claims in Florida.
- Jobless Claims Rise 2,000 to 326,000. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time application for state unemployment in the U.S.
- IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p2
The article reports on news items concerning the U.S. economy and bond market as of August 18, 2006. U.S. Labor Department data has showed that first-time applications for state unemployment benefits declined 10,000 to 312,000 in the week ended August 12, 2006. The Conference Board reported that...
- Jobless Claims Gain 40,000 to 349,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the United States in July 2004, according to the Department of Labor.
- Extending jobless benefits should be non-partisan. Samuelson, Robert J. // Fort Worth Business Press;5/12/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p46
The author argues in favor of a temporary extension of unemployment insurance in the U.S. from the standard 26 weeks to 39 weeks. He offers a comparison between unemployment rates between 2006 and 2008. He explains the cause of employment decline in an expanding economy. The author also...
- State Personal Income. Bernat Jr., G. Andrew // Survey of Current Business;Feb2004, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p192
Presents information on estimates of state personal income in the U.S. for 2003. Increase in personal income in the third quarter; Number of states in which net earnings grew faster; Growth in unemployment benefit payments in the second quarter; Reason for a decline in earnings in durable-goods...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31545, p2
Presents news briefs related to economic conditions in the U.S. as of January 01, 2003. Change in the number of unemployment benefit claimers; Increase in the number of consumers opting for online transactions; Rating given to tax bonds of Georgetown, Massachusetts by Moody's Investor Service Inc.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/5/2003, Vol. 347 Issue 31775, p2
Reports on economic developments in the U.S. as of December 5, 2003. First-time applications for state unemployment benefits for the week ended November 29; U.S. Department of the Treasury's plans to pay down $748 million at its weekly auction of discount bills; Standard & Poor's Corp.'s rating...