Munis End Higher; Strong Demand for 30-Years
- Citi in the Vanguard As BABs Go Global. McGee, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 16, p9
The article reports that underwriter Citi sells taxable municipal bonds to foreign investors in the U.S., with the introduction of Build America Bonds (BABs) in 2009. BABs provides issuers with 35% direct interest payment from the federal government. Moreover, underwriters want to change by...
- Investors Seeking Information on Their Gulf Coast Holdings. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32241, p6
Focuses on the status of the municipal holdings, sought by municipal bond investors, in Louisiana and Mississippi. Citations of the bond-related concerns of the investors; Conduction of seminar to address the concerns of investors, organized by Morgan Keegan & Co.; Addition of bond security and...
- Muni Watchers View Hedge Fund Presence, Liquidity Favorably. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;11/14/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34012, p1
The article informs that investors in municipal bonds are confirmed that hedge funds have increased their bets in distressed state and local government debt in the U.S. It further states that presence added liquidity when traditional providers widens the base of tax-exempt investors. It further...
- Treasury Strips Fall $423M in October. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F343, p1
Newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form decreased about $423 million in October to a total of $212.285 billion, the Bureau of the Public Debt reported Thursday.
- TABLE OFS-1. Distribution of Federal Securities by Class of Investors and Type of Issues. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2005, p49
Presents a chart depicting the distribution of federal securities by class of investors and type of issues in the U.S.
- TABLE OFS-1. Distribution of Federal Securities by Class of Investors and Type of Issues (Historical). // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2005, p50
Presents a chart depicting the distribution of federal securities by class of investors and type of issues in the U.S. in 2000.
- Thanks to a Flat Curve, Libor Bonds Get Their Moment in the Sun. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32636, p7
The article presents an analysis of Libor bond, a percentage of London Interbank Offered Rate note and traditional short-term municipal bond markets in the U.S. in 2007. It has been noted that Libor had been ruined by short-term bonds, tender-option bond programs, and foreign investors. In...
- Foreign Buyers Eye U.S. Munis. SLAVIN, ROBERT // Bond Buyer;9/27/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33789, p1
The article reports increase in foreign investments in the U.S. municipal bonds markets. It explores possible benefits of investments in the the municipal bonds markets for the investors that provides with fixed revenue and higher yields. The U.S. Federal Reserve reports 11 times increase in...
- Free Areas for Investors in the Region. // Czech Business & Trade;2008, Issue 05/06, p26
The article reports on the service offered by the Regional Development Agency of VysoÄina, which operates in the area of support to direct domestic and foreign investments in Czech Republic. The service is consisted of the assistance to small towns, municipalities, and regions creating new...