Warming Up to Warmers
- With Benefits, Incentives: Battling labor shortages. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the programs developed by school and hospital food service directors to attract and retain employees in the United States. Competitive benefit packages; Salary hikes for temporary workers; Programs that keep people interested in coming to work; Part-time employment. INSET: Cited As...
- Chapter Five: Where the Job Can Lead. Quinlan, Kathryn A. // Food Service Manager;1999, p36
This chapter describes the opportunities for advancement in the food service management industry. Food service managers advance as they gain experience. Managers can advance by taking jobs with larger dining places, or may oversee several hospitals, schools or restaurants at one time. Large...
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- SCHOOL MENUS. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pA5
The article offers information on the Sandwich Bar daily school menu from October 7 to 22, 2010 including ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dog with chili and cheese, and cereal with toast and juice.
- AT ASFSA TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE: Experts unveil 'kitchen of tomorrow' for schools. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the future equipment in school kitchens. Benefit from the use of automatic slicers; Advantage of using portion-control dispensers for sealed products; What must be considered when a new school lunchrooms are designed or a major overhaul is planned.
- Becky Schilling: From the editor's desk. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;12/18/2014, p1
The author reflects on the fast growth improvements to the non commercial food industry services in the U.S. She cites the services offered by hospital service firms to consumers in child nutrition programs, school-support food services and hospital food services. She also discusses the...
- Keeping Up With the New School. // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p73
Features Palm Coast High School Cafeteria at Flagler County Schools in Daytona Beach, Florida. Design elements; Results; Seating; Staff; School enrollment; Average daily reimbursable lunches sold; Average daily a la carte sales; Reimbursable lunch stations; Opening; Cost.