Seafood's Low-Carb Fit
- Meat Market! Buzalka, Mke // Food Management;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p18
Examines the impact of the trend toward a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet on the meat industry. Profiles of people who usually embrace the high-protein diet; Corporate dining and retail foodservice operations as the onsite segments most affected by the high-protein trend. INSET: Sorting...
- How R.Ph.s. can help patients control insulin resistance. LoBuono, Charlotte // Drug Topics;10/7/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 19, p26
Reports on the role of pharmacists in helping patients understand how to control insulin resistance. Education of patients on the need to decrease their carbohydrate intake due to carbohydrate intolerance and increase in intake of proteins and low-glycemic-index foods such as vegetables;...
- Low-Carbohydrate, High-Protein Diets May Reduce Cancer Risk. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;6/17/2011, p8
The article discusses the findings of a British Columbia Cancer Research Centre study led by Gerald Krystal, which was published in "Cancer Research," showing that eating a low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet may reduce the risk of cancer and slow the growth of tumors already present.
- Low Carb Diets -- Sometimes Just as Sweet As They Sound. Benusic, Michael A. // UBC Medical Journal;Feb2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A Low Carbohydrate, High Protein Diet May Extend Your Life and Reduce Your Chances of Getting Cancer" by V. Ho. and G. Krystal in the March 2012 issue.
- Bar sales feed off low-carb craze. // Drug Store News;12/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p41
With a ballooning obesity epidemic facing the U.S. today and more time-starved consumers looking to diet plans like Atkins and the Zone, low-carbohydrate and high-protein bars are becoming more prominent in meal replacement sets. Besides dieters, health-conscious gym rats looking to supplement...
- The Answer to Weight Loss Is Easy--Doing It Is Hard! Franz, Marion J. // Clinical Diabetes;Summer2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p105
Focuses on the solutions of weight-loss problems in the United States. Claims of obesity treatment; Advantages and disadvantages of high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets; Focus on blood glucose control; Advice on weight-loss solutions. INSET: IN BRIEF.
- High-protein, low-carbohydrate diets. // Healthy Weight Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p78
Details the popularity of high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets which touted to induce rapid weight loss. Effect of a high-fat diet; Examples of high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets; Information on the `Zone,' a supposedly euphoric state in which the mind and body work at peak efficiency; Sugar...
- High-protein, low-carb diets. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Jul2000, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p5
Presents information on high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets. Effectiveness in reducing weight; Elements of a healthy, low-calorie diet. INSET: Choosing the right carbohydrate..
- STICKS AND KIDNEY STONES. Belden, Heidi // Drug Topics;9/13/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 17, p36
With the popularity of low-carbohydrate, high-protein diets, the risk of developing kidney stones has risen as well. Studies show that there is a significant link between the increased animal protein intake prescribed by the Atkins, South Beach and similar diets, and stone disease. Despite their...