Feeding in the Raw
- For enzyme maintenance, athletes should look to green... Scheer, James F. // Better Nutrition;May96, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p38
Reports on the role Ann Wigmore played as a nutritionist in the lives of athletes and athletes-to-be in enzyme preservation. Contributions made to the raw foods movement in the United States by Wigmore; Comments by Wigmore; Information on how enzymes work; Nutritional value of green barley.
- RAW, NOT RARE. Butler, Graham // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Feb2008, Issue 304, p156
The article discusses the benefits provided by raw food diets for humans. According to nutritionist and naturopath Ann Wigmore, raw foods such as sprouted grains and seeds are vital source of B vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. On the other hand, a study in the "Journal of Nutrition"...
- In the Raw. // FoodService Director;11/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p8
The article discusses the growing popularity of the Sain line of uncooked food offered by the dining services at the University of Connecticut. According to University of Connecticut's culinary operations manager Robert Landolphi, the food line includes grab and go food items with nuts as an...
- Chapter 21: More About Foods. // Fell's Official Know-It-All Guide: Health & Wellness;2000, p239
The article presents information on quality of different kinds of foods. It reflects that a person develops an eating lifestyle without much conscious effort. There fore, through gradual modification one can develop an improved eating life style. For that one can evaluate foods by their...
- Menu News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2005, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p102
This section features several menus and packaged foods in the U.S. Moroccan Osso Buco over Couscous is an innovative approach to a traditional dish that combines ethnic flavors such as harissa and cumin to create a sauce mixed with chickpeas and peppers. New Flavorlasts fries from McCain were...
- Dinner, half-baked. Young, Lucie // Travel & Leisure;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p64
Introduces several restaurants in the U.S. Menu design at the Pure Food and wine; Health benefits of raw food; Celebrity fans at Juliano's Raw.
- In a new age acting naturally can build traffic and sales. Machlis, Mark // Nation's Restaurant News;3/1/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the lifestyles of health and sustainability market in the restaurant industry in the United States. Popularity of natural foods; Importance of strategic menu planning; Marketing of the use of organic, vegetarian, environmentally friendly and branded products.
- THE DEAL WITH RAW. Dolce, Joe // Gourmet;Jan2004, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the raw food movement. Truths above food held by raw food proponents; Profile of a raw food advocate; Description of the food and kitchen of a raw food proponent; Views from nutritionists and doctors; Recipe for Raw Cream of Spinach Soup.
- RAW BREAKFAST BAR ADDS TO HEALTH. // Restaurant & Catering News;Aug2013, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p21
The article reports on the addition of a choice of a Raw Bar, which entails natural unprocessed and uncooked plant foods, alongside the breakfast buffet of Heritage Hotel in Auckland, New Zealand.