Market Basket ends 2005 up nearly 5% over '04
- 3rd-Quarter Prices Stay Ahead of 2004's. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p32
This article reports the decline in prices of food in the FoodService Director Market Basket Index in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2005. The meat category dropped 2.52% from last quarter, reflecting a decrease in all sectors. The seafood index moved up 1.92% while the frozen food index...
- Pork fuels 3rd-quarter rise in market index. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the U.S. food category prices posted by the "Foodservice Director" (FSD) magazine market index for the third quarter ended October 2004. Comparison of the third quarter category prices in 2003 and 2004; Increase in the FSD wholesale price index for meat, frozen food and canned market...
- July Price Statistics. Bryan, Michael F.; Meyer, Brent // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2007, p4
The article reports that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) showed signs of moderation in July 2007 increasing only 1.4 percent after rising 4.9 percent over the past six months in the U.S. It stated that many energy-component prices fell in July, as the aggregated energy index decreased 11.5...
- DUE TO COMMODITY, PRODUCE DROPS: 1st. qtr. prices down 1.99%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p86
Reports the status of food prices in the United States as of the first quarter of the year 2000. Percentage decrease in prices; Basis for the decrease in prices; Details on the prices of seafood meat, frozen and canned foods.
- Inflation forecast for 2005 to remain at 4%-5%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p28
Presents the forecast on prices on several food commodities in the U.S. for 2005. Forecasts on milk production for 2004-2005; Wholesale price index for canned foods; Expectations on the output of snap beans for processing; Projection on beef supplies.
- MEAT, SEAFOOD UP, PRODUCE DOWN: Wholesale prices decrease 1.99%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p104
Reports on the 1.99 percent decline in wholesale food prices in April 2000. Year-to-date wholesale price index for meat and seafood; Price decreases for commodities, produce, canned and frozen foods; Percent increase in turkey production for year 2000.
- IN THE COMING YEAR: Wholesale meat to climb 3%-4%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p48
Presents information on the price indexes of meat, produce, commodities, frozen foods, canned foods and seafoods as of January 2002. Details of the increase in wholesale meat prices; Percentage of the price increase in canned food market; Information on the decrease in wholesale seafood prices;...
- Meat prices see sharp rise. PERKINS, CARINA // Meat Trades Journal;10/28/2011, p1
The article focuses on a report from the British Office for National Statistics (ONS), which shows that prices of meat increased by 6.5% over the 12 months to September 2011. The report reveals that meat prices were the largest contributors to the 6.4% increase in food and non-alcoholic beverage...
- Retail/farmgate price narrows. // Farmers Weekly;1/22/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p78
The article reports on the narrowing of the gap between retail and farmgate prices for pork and lamb from 2008 to 2009 based on the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board's (AHDB) UK Market Survey.