- Over 47% of Americans Drink Them Now: How Specialty Coffees Grow. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the increasing popularity of specialty coffees in the United States. Statistical information on the sales of specialty coffee; Factors that contributed to the popularity of coffee; Impact of this trend on the food service industry. INSETS: At Sir Francis Drake HS: Students `work'...
- In the coffee sector, change may be finally brewing. Graulich, David // Business Press;5/26/95, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p35
Presents statistics and information on the number of espresso carts in downtown Seattle. What to do at a coffee break; Things to drink for coffee breaks.
- Stovetop Espresso Makers. // Gourmet Retailer;Feb2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p82
The article discusses stovetop espresso makers. Interest among consumers in specialty coffee and all the necessary related equipment has never been stronger in the United States. In particular, coffee lovers have become accustomed to and savor the taste of Italian espresso and espresso-based...
- "WOULD YOU LIKE A LATTE OR BEER WITH THAT?". NIKSIC, MELISSA // Specialty Coffee Retailer;Feb2014, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p30
The article offers information on the addition of alcoholic beverages to coffeehouse menus as a means to attract more customers in the U.S. Topics discussed include the Starbucks Evenings menu offering customers Starbucks' regular menu, beer and wine offered as an additional menus at some coffee...
- WAKE UP and Smell the Organics. DiStefano, Gary // Fancy Food & Culinary Products;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p25
Reports on an increased consumer interest for organic beverages in the U.S. since 2002. Meaning of the term certified organic; Benefits of organic teas; Information on several organic tea and coffee products.
- PROBING PRICE. // SN: Supermarket News;8/18/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 33, p55
The article focuses on the wise buying initiative among consumers due to the surge of commodities goods in the U.S. According to the author, dining at home usually preferred private levels over national brands as one of the trading down that shoppers are engaging now a days. However, the trend...
- Not Your Average Joe. STRAND, OLIVER // Bon Appetit;Sep2012, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p125
The article presents restaurants in the U.S. that offer good-tasting coffee. The Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore, Maryland has Allie Caran as head barista. Frank Restaurant, located in Austin, Texas, uses a La Marzocco GB5 espresso machine to create gourmet coffee. The Canlis Restaurant in...
- coffee. Fausel, Jim // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p158
Presents tips on serving coffee during meetings. Examples of local snacks that can be served with coffee; Minimum amount of time allowed for a coffee break; Number of guests served by a beverage station; Percentage of the world's coffee consumed by Americans, French and Germans.
- Beverage systems. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/12/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4614, p68
The article presents information on the beverage system in the food service industry. Beverages including tea and coffee generates large revenues. Coffee brewers and urns are economical and quick to operate. While brewers could make 12 cups of coffee at a time the urns could make up to 500 cups....