SFM perseveres in So. Florida
- Kids Marketing Conference Better foods. Better ideas. // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p98
This article features the two speakers at the Kids Marketing Conference from April 27 to 29, 2005 at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle Aventura, Florida. One of the country's great chefs, Allen Susser is a pioneer of what has come to be known as New World Cuisine. Cited as one of the country's best...
- Rock Shrimp Hash. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p42
Presents information on the dish named Rock Shrimp Hash by Chef Allen Susser of Aventura, Florida. How the dish is prepared; Price.
- St. Lucia's Culinary Offerings. // Luxury Travel Advisor;Jul2008, p38
The article focuses on several food festivals held in the island of Saint Lucia. Chefs, rum connoisseurs, food critics and gourmands from around the world will be attending the 2008 St. Lucia Food & Rum Festival, to be held from October 30 to November 2, 2008. The event is aimed at educating...
- French grill helps Florida chef go more casual. Scarpa, James // Nation's Restaurant News;7/27/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p20
The article discusses chef Allen Susser that uses a traditional Lyonnaise wood-burning grill for his restaurant Chef Allen in Aventura, Florida. He states that he uses the technique due to the more flavor produced from burning wood. He adds that by using Lyon-style grill, patrons of his...
- Juiced-Up World Cuisines. // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2003, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p92
Presents information on the participation of chef Allen Susser at the workshop Sunkist Citrus Celebre: Creative Cooking With Citrus. Features of the workshop; Background of Susser; Details on Susser's recipe for Grapefruit Swordfish Escabeche. INSET: Latin Cooking with Citrus.
- Gioia Siciliana. Hazelton, Nika // National Review;11/12/1976, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p1239
The article describes the food, from the main dishes to simple delicacies, that were served at a convention the author attended in Sicily, Italy in 1976. The idea of the conference was to bring Sicilian cooking to the notice of the press. The variety in the food is amazing, which is influenced...
- Corporate chefs rub elbows, talk trends at Culinary R&D confab. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;11/8/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p45
Reports on the third annual Culinary Research and Development conference at the Century Plaza Hotel and Spa in Los Angeles, California. Theme of the conference; Chefs who attended the event; Issues concerning cookery and the foods service sector discussed during the event.
- Mangoes. Floyd, Candance // Breckenridge American;7/2/2008, p8
The article focuses on the mango season in Florida and the fascination of Chef Allen's owner-chef Allen Susser with the fruit. Susser volunteered as a featured chef at the Mango Brunch event during the International Mango Festival to be held at Fairchild Tropic Botanic Garden in Coral Gables...
- Kiosk. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2004, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p36
This article presents information on various events such as seminars and conferences in the restaurant and food service industry as of July 2004, including the World Pastry Forum 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada where chefs can polish their skills.