Purdue re-do adds menu options
- Vegetarian On-the-Go. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p93
Reports the growth trend and profitability of vegetarian entrees on non-commercial cafeteria menus in the United States. Percentage of hospitals that serve vegetarian entrees; Number of school lunchrooms that serve vegetable dishes; Variety of vegetarian entrees served at Indiana University...
- Vegan Vacation. // FoodService Director;9/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
The article features the newly-opened all-vegan Maple dining hall at the University of North Texas (UNT) in fall 2011. Special projects manager Ken Botts claims that the UNT's dining department decided to satisfy the demand for more vegetarian fare. He talks about the dining hall's complete...
- `Dining Dollars' at Purdue Univ. spike new gains. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p66
Relates on the success of Purdue University's in marketing its board-plan meal. Increased number of students opting for the higher meal plan; Features of the university's Dining Dollars program.
- The Renovation Game: Why the Revolving Door Won't Close. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses Purdue University's long-term renovation strategy. The renovation plans to increase flexibility to respond to studentsâ€™ expectations in food choices; move away from the traditional institutional college cafeteria; provide food service comparable to the commercial...
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Vegetarian recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p130
Presents several vegetarian recipes used by several college food facilities in the United States. Includes Haiku School's Veggie Chili; University of California-Santa Barbara's Black Bean Chili; Michigan State University's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup; Henderson County School's Brown Rice Pilaf.
- AS GROWTH ACCELERATES: Campuses Keep Contracting in Daily Perspective. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the growth of contractor presence at universities and college campuses in the United States. Percentage of overall contract penetration on campuses; Effects regarding the shift from straight-line cafeterias to foodcourts; List of colleges and universities switching to contract...
- ITS 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT': Grab-n-go boosts check at USC Marketplace. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sales of the University of Southern California's Plaza Marketplace cafeteria. Benefits of the cafeteria to the university; Background on the concept of the cafeteria; Features of the cafeteria.