Hospital vending sales rise 26%
- VENDING MACHINES 'NEED TO STOCK HEALTHIER CHOICES' // Nursing Standard;8/21/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p6
The RCN has echoed a cancer prevention charity's concerns that hospitals in England should offer healthier food in vending machines for staff and patients.
- Telemedicine and Medicine Vending Machine for Efficient Health Care, Diagnosis and Treatment. Kumar.A, Dinesh; Thamizhazhagan.M // Annals of Medicine & Healthcare Research;2009, p338
Aims: To ensure the high quality health care is feasible to all class of people in nations like India, Africa, and other nations where high quality health care is not accessible. It's practically possible with the technology of Telemedicine and medicine vending machine. Method: Telemedicine is...
- Hey, where's the junk food? Mantone, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;5/8/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p28
The article focuses on the plan of hospital executives in the U.S. to add drug vending machines to improve service in their outpatient pharmacy departments and even create new lines of revenue for their organizations. The types of prescription drug vending machines include a machine for patients...
- Hospitals Ban Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. Ayoub, Katie // FoodService Director;7/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p19
This article reports that several U.S. hospitals have discontinued the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages in their cafeteria and vending machines and eliminated them from their patient menus. Fairview Hospital, a part of the Berkshire Health Systems, is cited as the first healthcare facility to...
- Food policy in Wales is a step too far. // Farmers Weekly;5/15/2009, p87
The author comments on new restrictions on food introduced in hospitals in Wales in 2009 as part of a healthy vending initiative. He cites foods that are being declared too unhealthy for consumers to buy under the food policy, including cheese sandwiches. He believes that the Welsh vending rules...
- Selecta wins NI Hospitals contract. // Vending International;Sep2007, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p9
The article reports that Selecta has won a 4-year contract to provide vending machines at royal hospitals in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The deal includes the supply of 50 hot and cold beverage, snack and confectionery machines. According to the author, the merchandising team of the company will...
- AVA fights to protect industry interests. // Vending International;Nov2009, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the response of the Automatic Vending Association (AVA) to restrictions imposed on vending machines in hospitals in Wales. AVA created the Vending Choice Coalition (VCC) to ensure that consumers have freedom of choice to purchase a wide range of food and beverages through...
- SUPER STATS. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;3/4/2005, Vol. 86 Issue 20, p4
Provides statistical information about the child nutrition in the U.S. Percentage of children who buy food from vending machines; Food purchasing habits of American families.
- What constitutes 'healthy' vending? // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Presents the results of a survey of the criteria for healthy snack foods available in vending machines in the U.S.