- When does an obsession become therapy? // QUILTsocial;Fall2014, Issue 1, p3
The article offers the author's insights about quilting as a therapy instead of an obsession. The author cites that quilting should be called therapy instead of obsession to those who quilt with every thread of their being. She also suggests the QUILTsocial eZine as a book of projects that...
- Broken Wheel. Hatch, Sandra L. // Quilter's World;Oct2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p28
This article offers a step-by-step instruction on creating a Broken Wheel quilt. It outlines the sewing materials and tools that are needed, project specifications, tips on piecing broken wheel blocks, piecing half-blocks and quarter-blocks.
- Letters. N., Ann; M., Ella; V., Susan; C., Audrey; Hatch, Sandra L. // Quilter's World;Dec2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles which appeared in previous issues of "Quilter's World," including a letter from a reader inspired to make a Sunbonnet Sue quilt, the quilt pattern called Liz's Gift and the completion of the Stars & Stripes quilt.
- Letters. Hatch, Sandra L.; Charlene W.; Joan A.; Claudia G.; Mary W. // Quilter's World;Feb2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p8
Several letters to the editor in response to quilt patterns featured in the previous issues of Quilter's World are presented, including a quilt made for a birthday celebrant and a quilt made for newly-weds.
- Putting it All Together. Bonner, Natalia // Quiltmaker;Nov/Dec2014, p50
The article provides the author's perspective in relation to machine quilting. She discusses designing or making traditional and modern quilts as well as several types of machine quilting patterns from the book "Modern One-Block Quilts." She also discusses techniques in quilting feathers in a...
- quilting WITH mom and me. Morlock, Jennifer L. // Cloth Paper Scissors;Jun2011, Issue 36, p9
The article relates the experience of artist Mary Cassatt on quilting with her mother. She and her mother travel to towns in Ohio to present the program Quilting With Mom and Me and show quilts. She adds that her mother has been supportive to her and her siblings in their creative activities...
- SEW MANY tips. Alexander, Dottie; Thompson, Lin; Mars, Chris; Beebe, Eleanor; Gregory, Judy; Wentling, Diantha; White, Anna // Fons & Porters For the Love of Quilting;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p8
The article offers tips from readers about sewing and quilting. One reader mentions that she uses a garden kneeling pad when arranging blocks or layering backing, batting, and quilt top on a floor. Another one shares that she transfers the cutting instructions to a dry erase board before...
- A Perfect Fit. Harris, Diane // Quiltmaker;Mar/Apr2012, Issue 144, p16
The article discusses techniques for making perfect pieced borders for quilt. It notes the importance of being accurate in the entire process of pressing and cutting the fabrics for the correct size. It cites that cutting plain borders on the lengthwise grain will result in less stretch for the...
- Pine Tree. // Quilter's World;Oct2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p24
Presents steps in making the Pine Tree quilt. Materials needed; Instructions in Antique quilt; Information on how to make the topper.