John Flynn Engineer/Quilter
- When does an obsession become therapy? // QUILTsocial;Fall2014, Issue 1, p3
The article offers the author's insights about quilting as a therapy instead of an obsession. The author cites that quilting should be called therapy instead of obsession to those who quilt with every thread of their being. She also suggests the QUILTsocial eZine as a book of projects that...
- Broken Wheel. Hatch, Sandra L. // Quilter's World;Oct2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p28
This article offers a step-by-step instruction on creating a Broken Wheel quilt. It outlines the sewing materials and tools that are needed, project specifications, tips on piecing broken wheel blocks, piecing half-blocks and quarter-blocks.
- Letters. N., Ann; M., Ella; V., Susan; C., Audrey; Hatch, Sandra L. // Quilter's World;Dec2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles which appeared in previous issues of "Quilter's World," including a letter from a reader inspired to make a Sunbonnet Sue quilt, the quilt pattern called Liz's Gift and the completion of the Stars & Stripes quilt.
- quilting WITH mom and me. Morlock, Jennifer L. // Cloth Paper Scissors;Jun2011, Issue 36, p9
The article relates the experience of artist Mary Cassatt on quilting with her mother. She and her mother travel to towns in Ohio to present the program Quilting With Mom and Me and show quilts. She adds that her mother has been supportive to her and her siblings in their creative activities...
- Stay in Stitches. Hatch, Sandra L. // Quilter's World;Dec2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on projects that quilters can make for the 2006 Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. An overview of the quilting projects for home decoration during the holidays, including quilting mantel covers and tree skirts, is presented. It offers an introduction to several articles...
- editor's note. DeNegre, Vivika Hansen // Quilting Arts Magazine;Apr/May2012, Issue 56, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one about pieced canvases, another one about quilting spiraling circles, and one about quilting strips.
- QM Online. // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2013, Issue 151, p16
Images of several quilt designs are presented.
- Hexacadabra. // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2013, Issue 151, p20
The article offers step-by-step instructions for quilting two-sided hexagons.
- Using Hexagons in EQ7. // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2013, Issue 151, p24
The article provides several examples on how hexagons can be recolored or utilized to create new designs using Electric Quilt 7 (EQ7).